Shocking...

Yeah, should have said that :icon_biggrin:

Limewire are a pretty big P2P platform, they've been going for years.

If thats true then you'd just have to say its an awful piece of brand extension if some people think its a rip off of the Limewire site! Shame on LLC

lol, boy do I feel stupid. I realised that one was run by Lime Labs LLC but assumed Limewire LLC was a different company.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Allow us to clarify

On the concern over brand extension specifically, first let us provide you with the background.

Yes, Lime Labs LLC & Lime Wire LLC are related, as they are both under the banner of Lime Group (Lime Group). And all Lime Group companies share the corporate logo and some corporate stationary. However Lime Labs and Lime Wire are independent legal entities, businesses, because of which they try and maintain their individual identities as well.

Duly understand how this can cause confusion and really appreciate the feedback given here. Will try and ensure that any user can quickly associate the linkage somehow by having some UI changes on LimeExchange.

Lime Labs LLC vision is to focus on creating and delivering user-driven web applications and services, primarily in the spheres of community and commerce.

Global Services Marketplace Connecting Businesses & Professionals. Outsource to Freelancers, Web Developers, Programmers & More: LimeExchange is the first socially networked online services marketplace offering a quick option for Freelancers & SMB's looking for online outsourcing opportunities in varied fields but not limited to Web Development, Software Development, Graphic Art & Design, Writing & Translation.

Lime Domains: One Click Application Hosting | Wordpress | Drupal | GeekLog | Joomla | Domain Search And Registration is focused towards providing one stop solution for web presence, and having Domain Registration & Search with advanced one click application hosting as services offered currently.

LimeBits: Open-source code-sharing community is focused towards open source code sharing and is currently in its alpha phase.

And many more community driven products to follow. Again appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing more from all.

I've been using Limewire for a few years now since it's the only decent P2P on OS X. It's a strong brand so I can see why you'd use it across your products. The main problem though is that Limewire has become a pretty well known brand on its own, which is what caused the confusion.

I think part of the problem is that both products are very different from each other - different target audiences, with different communities. I can see why you'd want to build on the brand but I'd be worried about diluting it across such a wide product range.

Last edited:
Thanx for the feedback

Firstly for Pete, thanx once again for the response and I agree and it is going to be tricky for us ensure brand dilution does not happen. With Lime Labs we are relatively new, so at every important juncture we would try and ensure we maintain Brand sanctity.

Also Pete looking at your profile, definitely see some really good work and think you might be interested in some of the following:
Global Services Marketplace Connecting Businesses & Professionals. Outsource to Freelancers, Web Developers, Programmers & More: LimeExchange

And something new specifically for Designers community, which we are trying to evolve:
Global Services Marketplace Connecting Businesses & Professionals. Outsource to Freelancers, Web Developers, Programmers & More: LimeExchange

Would definitely look forward for your valuable feedback.

For Admin, well thanx to google and configuring lots of alerts to know what people think about you...We can only become part of the community, if we are active and informed, so as to provide best benefits to the community :)

LimeWire is overrated anyway, it’s decayed greatly since it first came out and is flooded with viruses, I personally use only torrents now rather than sharing networks.

Wait a while

Well Lime Wire was a first mover, and though it has been caught up by others, wait for a while and we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Back