Settle A Debate

Would you say Graphic Design and Digital Marketing are the same thing?

I've been discussing this with some Uni friends and I'm interested to know what you think!

No, not the same, it's pretty obvious by the names....

There is crossover between them but they are quite distinct in having different primary area's of expertise.

No, not the same, it's pretty obvious by the names....

There is crossover between them but they are quite distinct in having different primary area's of expertise.

That's what I said. Graphic Design is an aspect of Digital Marketing, right?
And, I've seen job advertisements for both, if they were the same thing, they'd just advertise for a Graphic Designer.

Most of digital marketing isn’t anything graphical.

for example: seo, content aggregation, google ads, email, sms, forum posting, social media.

Obviously they are two different things, that why they've got different names!

Put simply, design is about how something looks. Marketing is about trying to sell that something. Doesn't matter what other words are put in front of them.

Digital marketing uses digital technology: like; computers, phones etc., to promote a product and/or a service.

Graphic design is not this.

Would you say Graphic Design and Digital Marketing are the same thing?

I've been discussing this with some Uni friends and I'm interested to know what you think!
Hi Ajpeacockdesign,
How can designing and marketing be the same? As the name indicates they are quite different. Marketing is the source to display and share our expertise while graphic designing is one of many fields/professions.
Thanks

Naheedmir

Back