Seo

True Graphics

Hello, im a graphic designer, I am currently doing my website for my business. what SEO companies can you recommend which is cheap and I can be on the first page of google and other other search engines.

Hello, im a graphic designer, I am currently doing my website for my business. what SEO companies can you recommend which is cheap and I can be on the first page of google and other other search engines.

SEO is expensive (and a bit of a rip-off if you ask me). We got cold-called last week for my brother's side of the business and asked if we wanted an 'SEO starter pack' for a grand... A GRAND!! For that they promised to get this particular site to the front of Google for a measly four localised search terms. I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at him... He seemed most put out. :icon_biggrin:

No offence but the fact that you have even asked this question in this way shows that you don't have the first idea about SEO. Have you even researched any of those keywords to see if anyone actually searches for them? If so, what is the competition like for these keywords? Cheap in your sense of the word and first page of google for good keywords just isn't an option.

My advice to you...

Firstly, get your website designed ensuring the basics are in place...
http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Secondly, have a look to see what keywords are searched for and optimise your site for these yourself, personally I would go for localised search terms as you don't stand a chance with any others...
https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/KeywordToolExternal

Thirdly, before spending any money on employing anyone to do your SEO, market to local businesses and try and build up your business that way, when you have a busines that is making you some money and more importantly profit then look at SEO in depth.

Hope that helps.

Do your own SEO, right now it's not all just about link building etc, in fact Google sees social media platforms now to build up your page rank, so with the right content to the right target audience you don't need a SEO company.

You can watch this webcast to help you understand how marketing has changed: Marketing Has Changed - Have You? - A BrightTALK webcast

Back