Self Branding Redesign opinions

haygy

Hi everyone,

After being told by a design studio that my own branding looks dated, I thought it was time for a redesign.

Here is my old logo on the left and the new one on the right. Just need to know what people's thoughts are on it and whether I'm going in the right direction.

Cheers

Screen shot 2014-01-21 at 22.21.52.jpg

I like it, it's definitely a step in the right direction. The weight of the H looks a little lighter than the S though, I'd beef it up a bit to keep them looking consistent. The type beneath it I think needs increasing a bit and the actual mark reducing a little, they look a little unbalanced, and I suspect the type will not look great at small sizes.

Thanks for the comments Paul. With fresh eyes this morning I agree the H needs thickening a tad.

mmm I agree, it looks more like a dollar sign than S and H. That's great if you want your clients to think about money straight away!

Thanks everyone, I also agree that the logo is a bit dollar-esque.
So I came up with a new design based on a similar idea of combining the letters but in a different way.
Here's what I've come up with...
logo 2-01.jpg

Yeah really well done with the new design, I can see the outdated side of the first one but the new one definitely is better. Great work.

A clever 'take' on your initials and shows creativity and flair. I prefer the first one in bold, if that helps...

Thanks Lucy, I'm trying to go for a more dynamic look.

Here's the latest version of the logo with more symmetry and a colour choice.

my new logo-02.jpg

Blast, I haven't seen that logo before. Though I think my first attempt is a lot closer to this than the newest version.

Yes - I don't think there's really any comparison to the St. Helens, even in your first or last versions.

Thanks Lucy, I'm trying to go for a more dynamic look.

Here's the latest version of the logo with more symmetry and a colour choice.

View attachment 2404

Hi, I like your improvements to the logo! I don't think St Helens is too similar at all. St Helens reminds me of a School logo...

I would choose your improved logo version, well done

Back