Seeking feedback: 2D & 3D concepts

LJI

Hi there, I'm just chasing some quick feedback on my 2D and 3D concepts. The brief is a simple one: Imagine you have acquired a small and suitable office space that you have transformed into your design studio. You want the reception area to reflect the designer that you are, as well as the business that you are developing. Do this through signage, posters and other 2-D and 3-D visual graphics around the area.

I have selected a x-train billboard as my 2D concept and an illuminated sign as the 3D concept.

CONCEPT.jpg

Thank you in advance
smile.png

Larinda.

Hey Larinda.

One the 3D mock up, I'm not really getting that it's 3D.
It maybe because the drop shadow is too dark?

BTW. If you don't need to show that scene in particular, there are some REALLY nice 3D signage mock-up PSD's over on graphicburger.com.
They're free and all you need to do is drop your flat artwork in and the actions do it all for you. ;)

I don't get the connection with the train billboard? Surely the brief is asking you to use 2D and 3D elements within your studio space, presumably so clients and other visitors get a sense of the work you do when they arrive. So things like toys, figurines, vinyl wall graphics, furniture choice, etc. The font you've picked makes me think of fashion. If the space were for a fashion brand, I'd have items of clothing on shelves or on mannequins or something in the reception area, or magazine covers on the wall if you were a print publication. I think that's the sort of thing the brief is asking for.

One the 3D mock up, I'm not really getting that it's 3D.
It maybe because the drop shadow is too dark?
That's because it's not 3D, it's a flat image (well text anyways) with a dark shadow to give the illusion of a thicker (depth) character.

That's because it's not 3D, it's a flat image (well text anyways) with a dark shadow to give the illusion of a thicker (depth) character.

Oh...Thanks for that Levi.
Now I've taken my red/blue lens glasses off I can see that.

If you have a little extra time then maybe you could explain the difference between my arse and my elbow as I can't tell them apart?

FFS! ;)

Oh...Thanks for that Levi.
Now I've taken my red/blue lens glasses off I can see that.

If you have a little extra time then maybe you could explain the difference between my arse and my elbow as I can't tell them apart?

FFS! ;)
Always assuming I'm taking the p:p
I was actually being serious this time.... if you zoom in you can see the dark shadow is being used to make the 'illusion' of the extruded text for the image :)
Photoshop (and other software) has the tools built in to do a 3D extruded text for this type of work.

And...try here for the other question
:p

Always assuming I'm taking the p:p
I was actually being serious this time.... if you zoom in you can see the dark shadow is being used to make the 'illusion' of the extruded text for the image :)
Photoshop (and other software) has the tools built in to do a 3D extruded text for this type of work.

And...try here for the other question
:p

Well... That explains where I've been going wrong all this time.

Thanks for a helpful and informative post. ;)

Back OT:

It's a bit low res to tell, even when I dragged it to my desktop and zoomed in.

Thanks all for the feedback for my assessment, I was a bit vague with the brief (the elements are to market the studio not decorate the studio) - the 3D comments helped, it's the first time I've had to do anything 3D so I'm pretty fresh.

Thanks again.

Back