Record Label Logo Dispute

Hi,
Basically I was asked to design a logo for a new record label based in London.
The label has some very talented names and a hell of a lot of potential.
It puts out music such as dubstep/house/electronic/funky/down tempo/"future beats"
I did the logo and it received a lot of good feedback but then the label started to use a different one. The main guy doesn't really know the score design wise but I don't want to try and seem like I am persuading him to use my work, even though i think it is better for the brand/label.

Here are the two logo's. Mine is the one on the right.
Let me know which one you think suits the most and any arguments I could put accross in my favour.

question.jpg

Cheers

They're both really different in style so I don't think it's possible to compare them to be honest. The rigid, machined feel to the one on the right on first impression seems to suit the genres that you've described, but the left one could also work for an indy label. They could be trying to differentiate themselves from other similar labels by using an unexpected and unique logo.

At the end of the day, if they don't want to use your design you'll just have to admit defeat and move on.

Did you do the work on a speculative basis? Or are you owed money?
What were the terms of you producing the logo in the first place? Just so I can understand the crux of the dispute.

I agree with Paul. It's like comparing Apples and Oranges.

I think Paul's hit the nail on the head, maybe try putting a collage of existing logos from the relevant music genres together for the client, showing how either of the 2 designs will fit in or stand out?

Back