Question re: Facebook

ARRIVALS

Hey guys.

I'm doing a project with a client, which involves creating things for Facebook, a timeline header / profile picture / app icons etc... I know you can use created thumbnails for the newer applications that are added, but any idea if you can use created thumbnails for the default apps - Friends, Photos, Map, Notes etc? I always thought you could, but can't for the life of me find how to do it. Any ideas?

Alrighty,
I dont think you will be able to change the default app icons unfortunately. Only the cover photo and any custom app/tabs which you create.

Cheers Rich. Is there any reason why? I'm pretty sure you used to be able to edit the default app icons. :(

I'm not sure if I remember being able to do this? Facebook was never really about giving the user much freedom to customise profiles. From Facebooks point of view if people could change a familier app icon it would probably confuse people as they would lose the consistency. If its your own App then its different as you have control over it so can create your own icon for it.

I am pretty sure this is the case anyway. A good resource is the Facebook developer group, even though this is more of a design issue someone might be able to advise further: Log In | Facebook

Back