Question about software

doom

Hi guys, I would need your help with something. I would need to make interactive map. It needs to have a photography as background (satellite map) and links on that map that activate 3D model in it's own window.
Do you know which software could I use for that? I can build 3d models or download them but I don't know on which platform to run it.
Thank you in advance!

You're going to have to expand on what you're intending to do because I don't really get what you're intending to do.

Mapping usually needs a licence. Make sure you have this sewn up, or you could end up in trouble. Be aware, mapping licensing is not usually cheap either. There is https://www.openstreetmap.org which is open source, but I don’t think it has satellite data. Check their copyright page for usage and accreditation.

To expand a little bit; It should be interactive map for an exhibition. For educative purpose. Acquiring map shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't need to be high resolution since map would be displayed on monitor.
But on that map (which would be satellite map acquired from Google Earth or something similar) I would like to highlight some areas and by clicking on them (some structures) it will open separate window with 3D model of structure. I have done some interactive content in Adobe encore but I don't know if they support 3D content. There are also possibility of 3D viewer software but I don't know if they support hyperlinks.

Acrobat can support 3D models in their PDF.

Basically, you just need the map as a background - and then things to click on to show the 3D model and be able to rotate.

You can do this in Acrobat, but not sure it would be the best tool.

Acrobat can support 3D models in their PDF.

Basically, you just need the map as a background - and then things to click on to show the 3D model and be able to rotate.

You can do this in Acrobat, but not sure it would be the best tool.
Thanks, I will try it. I don't think I would need to licence for maps. Since it is possible to use Google maps for higher resolution. I did it.

I'd be looking at a website...

Google maps (or flat image with hotspots) with css3D/js overlay/pop up on clicking a location would be my approach, especially if you want it all interactive....

I'd be looking at a website...

Google maps (or flat image with hotspots) with css3D/js overlay/pop up on clicking a location would be my approach, especially if you want it all interactive....
Thanks. I have feeling that that would work well. But problem is that web development isn't my speciality. What programs to you recommend?

Thanks. I have feeling that that would work well. But problem is that web development isn't my speciality. What programs to you recommend?
hand coding in something like notepad++ would be my approach but if you're not worried over the cleanliness of the code you could use any wysiwyg web design software in theory.

Hi guys, I found easy and economic way for my problem. I can use Microsoft Power Point from Office 365 and enables me to insert 3D model on slide. It also can be linked to a trigger so it can be used for pop up window. However, it seems that exporting as presentation does not enable you to rotate, pan or zoom the model. Which kind of sucks. It is just still image on presentation. I will look more into it.

Back