Publisher to PDF

bpmuk

Going to get my clients product label printed. He always sends me files in publishers and usually its not problem as the usual print requirements are flyers etc.

This however is 1000mm wide and when I convert to pdf it breaks the file down in what seems like seperate A4 sections.

This is driving me spare as I want one file to send to print.

Is there any way to get the whole .pub file onto one pdf?

Need a quick answer if possible

Many thanks

James

Sounds like somewhere in your print options you have tiling on, I've had something similar. It's somewhere in the dialogue box that comes up when you print to PDF I think...have a root.

Unless it's to do with there being a limit on size? Unlikely though I think...

I've not used publisher for about 73 and a half years now, but I'm sure there's an option to view in normal, web or print view. I would just ensure on the other side, that all is ok in print view. It may be that alterations to the layout dimensions are required.

But I would personally go with Artgem's idea in that it's a page tiling issue.
Also make sure that you go to the output tab when you print, and ensure that separations isn't selected, you want composite.

One other thing you could do, is manually input the page size in the page setup section.

I'm assuming you have publisher and acrobat pro installed in your computer and that you either use the convert to pdf function in publisher or you are printing to pdf.
If that's the case the solution should be simple: if you are on a PC, go to control panel--printers--you should have a pdf printer there--right click on it--choose preferences (not properties)--it will display the paper size in that window ((usually A4)--change this to the size you need (or even a bit bigger)--apply and close. Go back to pub and try again,, it should now work. Remember to change the setting back to A4 once finished.
I don't use macs so I wouldn't be able to advise.

I'm assuming you have publisher and acrobat pro installed in your computer and that you either use the convert to pdf function in publisher or you are printing to pdf.
If that's the case the solution should be simple: if you are on a PC, go to control panel--printers--you should have a pdf printer there--right click on it--choose preferences (not properties)--it will display the paper size in that window ((usually A4)--change this to the size you need (or even a bit bigger)--apply and close. Go back to pub and try again,, it should now work. Remember to change the setting back to A4 once finished.
I don't use macs so I wouldn't be able to advise.

Can you even get publisher for a mac?

Back