Problems with "images" folder in the root folder!

Nida

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I hope you can help me out.

I've made my portfolio website recently but im having problem with the "images" folder. It contains more than 1000 images. Now when i try to distribute the images by making sub-folders in the already existing images folder and view my website in explorer it shows "cross" through out the page.

Is there any way i could rearrange my images folder as its giving problems when i try to upload it on the server because of lots of images.

Also i would like to add that i have designed my website pages in Adobe Photoshop CS3, sliced the page and saved it for web as an html file and then in dreamweaver i have added the links and rollover buttons. Even the text is written in Photoshop. Do you think im following the right path?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nida.

1000 images sounds insane for an average sized portfolio.

Text as images is a big no-no, Search engines will simply see a blank page.

I design in Illy/Photoshop, then I code up in Dreamweaver, going back into Photoshop as and when I need to add a part of an image/design element, I'll extract that part of the design from the psd file as a transparent png or jpg and add it to my design.

You really want to stay away from letting Photoshop doing the work for you as the end result won't be nearly as semantic or streamlined as you could do yourself.

If your images are in an 'images' folder then thats where the html file will look for them. If you move them to (for example) 'images/new' you need to let the html file know. But on the text side you should really get that coded up or you'll regret it in the long run.

Back