Printed edge business cards needed

Rahter than painting the edges would you not be better off using coloured card to start then screening the colours or digitally printing the colours onto the product? - Just a thought

The only people who seem to offer edge painting are letterpress printers but I don't understand why :3. I'm after a litho printer who can do it (as is pickles by the sounds of it)

This is an old thread but as this question keeps cropping up I thought I'd try to clarify.

1. edge painting and edge foiling (gilt edges) are a very labour intensive and highly skilled process to achieve a consistent professional result.

2. the light weight card used by the online cmyk 'share-a-sheet' printers is too thin to do justice to edge colouring.

3. The cost of professional edge painting or gilding is far more than the cost of the litho/digital business cards.

4. Letterpress or foil business cards are quite expensive - and for companies looking to make an impact the addition of coloured edges just adds the finishing touch for a stunning business card.

If I had cards like that I wouldn't give them to clients.
They could SOD OFF!

They're all m-y-y-y-n-e. ;)

Love the foiled edges David.

We have just released hand painted edges, at the cost of an additional £50 per set - here

Always interested to find quality business card trade suppliers.

Cheers.

Back