Print Resellers?

If price is the only client criteria - a relationship has not been built. I was a marketing communications purchaser for years (blue chip EU / US). Price is a criteria - but the quality has to be right and you buy from those who you believe can deliver the job at the right quality, to spec and on time.

If price is everything - you have not done a complete sales / marketing job.

20 years experience, both sides of the table, blah blah.

Print reseller schemes - you won't go wrong with Boss Hogg (unless you're one of the Duke brothers - have you seen the way they drive round Shrewsbury town centre).

...I have a fairly strong background in print. In my very short time as a self employed print reseller I have discovered that we need to be very careful about who we use, and what prices we offer.

Hello everybody

Very interesting thread...

Limegreen - I enjoyed reading your comments - as you have a 'fairly strong background in print' you're half way there.

Many online printers (and resellers) including the one that you didn't want to name (if it's who I think it is :) - do not employ apprentice trained staff and don't themselves have much of a printing background. This means they don't have a professional benchmark to aim for - and is one of the reasons for a reduction in print quality as mentioned by SparkCreative.

The only way to find good suppliers is trial and error - and can often end in tears - especially with the cheapest ones.

- David

I think it's important that your reseller isn't a reseller themselves, otherwise you end up as just another link in a very long chain!

Someone who owns their own premises and machinery is surely a bonus. We have a print reselling arm called Print Reselling | Print Reselling | Print Reselling Websites | PrintPartnerships | Sell Print Your Way! where we also build you a full e-commerce platform as part of the price. Check the website for more.

As for who to avoid, well we had some "PP's" or Print Partners in the other day who were just out of a "contract" or something or other with printing.com, apparently when you signup to them you're bound quite extensively to various things and it's very difficult to get out once you're in.

I can't vouch for whether that's true or not, just what had been rumoured to me by a ex-customer!

Hope this helps?

Back