Poster Design

Michael

Hello,

I've just started a beginners photoshop course at college and I was wondering if I could get some comments and criticism on my first piece of work.

My idea was to create a poster advertising an imaginary night club based on Newcastle's Quayside.

Thanks.

Looks like your getting the hang of photochop… well done. The only thing that sprang to mind was the laydeez don't seem to be doing much in the way of dancing! If you got a more 'dance' pose on them you could get quite funky with some movement - motion blur an arm or two to give it the aforementioned movement! Was up in Newcastle for a birthday party this weekend and blimey it was a bit fresh! the amount of clothing the locals were waring is about right for you poster… god only knows how they manage to stay warm!

Was up in Newcastle for a birthday party this weekend and blimey it was a bit fresh! the amount of clothing the locals were waring is about right for you poster… god only knows how they manage to stay warm!

Haha. Thats standard. You should see 'em even when it's snowing. You should see the queues (to get in AND out) around the clubs/bars at around 2pm on a Saturday!

Anyway enough joking, no offence to any Geordies on here! Back to the subject.

I really like your flyer and considering your a beginner, its ace. It's clear you've put in a lot of effort. I do agree with the previous comment about movement etc.

Just keep practising and keep it up! Good luck

It looks a bit like the silhouette in the middle has wet herself :icon_tongue_smilie:

Also the girls in the middle are all roughly the same size so it doesn't give the image much depth, maybe play about with their sizes and see what you can come up with?

I think that the rest of it works very well though, good job!

Joe

Back