Portfolio review - IAMDAN

iamdan

Hey guys

Been working as a professional designer for a few years now. I'm looking to push my work to new levels so it'd be great if you could take a look at my site and provide some feedback as to how you think I can improve.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.iamdan.co.uk

The site's loading VERY slowly for me. I'll try later, but it's been 2 minutes there's still no images or working functionality.

The site's loading VERY slowly for me. I'll try later, but it's been 2 minutes there's still no images or working functionality.

Hmm... thats strange as it seems to load OK for me? Dunno if that's cause it's saved in my cache or something?

First thing I noticed when loading the site (didn't take too long for me either) was that I had no idea what your site was about or for. It looks like a load of 'book covers' on first glance.

Second thing is I personally didn't like the effect you used on your picture on your about page, it looks like you're blowing out smoke from a cigarette or vape which isn't a good look to me personally.

The poster design work is solid (well done), but there's not enough variance there that would encourage me to hire you for anything other than poster design. I mirror Levi's thoughts on the home page and the about/contact page. Add what you do to the former (Dan = Designer) and although I can see that is water coming out of your mouth, it does look like smoke so change the picture. Also, a phone number never goes a miss on a contact page.

Edit- Also, fix pagination. Clicking 'show more' on the homepage actually shows less. And, there's no major difference in the homepage and the work page.

Back