PNG logo from client isn't high resolution, can i increase it myself?

billem16

I am a videographer, not a graphic designer, but I have access to PhotoShop. The client I am making a video for sent me their logo as a PNG file, white text and transparent background (as I requested), but the curves of the letters in the logo are pixely and not crisp lines. Is it possible to rescue this myself? The specs of the file they sent me are: Dimensions 1583x249 ... I compared this to my own brand's logo we had created and ours is 1920x1080. I tried to import their logo into PS and export it in high res, but it didn't fix the issue. Any advice?

There is no way to do this.

However, there is an option you can try

Download Adobe Bridge - and you can access this feature without needing Lightroom.

It might work and it might not.

Best option is to ask the client for a Vector file in .eps or .ai format - then you can resize to any size you like once it's vector.

There is no way to do this.

However, there is an option you can try

Download Adobe Bridge - and you can access this feature without needing Lightroom.

It might work and it might not.

Best option is to ask the client for a Vector file in .eps or .ai format - then you can resize to any size you like once it's vector.
Thanks, they sent me an eps format as well, where would I resize it? Can I do that in Photoshop? I don’t have access to Illustrator. Any tips or guidance would be amazing!

The best option to resize an image is using Topaz Gigapixel. There is a free trial available but not sure if you can save the results. Head over there and take a shot.
There are also free online versions and I've had some luck with them:

Be careful of artifacts with these but worth a try.

Bottom line - you've got a raster based logo where it sounds like you need a vector based image. I see no reason why you can't post it here and have the members take a look and possibly do an image trace and return both a vector file, and if they have Photoshop, return a png file as well.

Just some thoughts....

- Jeff

Thanks, they sent me an eps format as well, where would I resize it? Can I do that in Photoshop? I don’t have access to Illustrator. Any tips or guidance would be amazing!
YEs you can open it up in Photoshop as a smart object
Then create it any size you like - any resolution you like
Export it to any file format you lke.

The best option to resize an image is using Topaz Gigapixel. There is a free trial available but not sure if you can save the results. Head over there and take a shot.
There are also free online versions and I've had some luck with them:

Be careful of artifacts with these but worth a try.

Bottom line - you've got a raster based logo where it sounds like you need a vector based image. I see no reason why you can't post it here and have the members take a look and possibly do an image trace and return both a vector file, and if they have Photoshop, return a png file as well.

Just some thoughts....

- Jeff
Uploading a basic web image here - and it's going to take 19 minutes?

I wouldn't be into this solution.
Always best to get a higher resolution from the client or inform them it's not possible.

Uploading a basic web image here - and it's going to take 19 minutes?

I wouldn't be into this solution.
Always best to get a higher resolution from the client or inform them it's not possible.
Takes a few minutes but agreed it's not the best solution. You can only get a 2X enlargement at no cost.

If the OP can get a higher resolution image from the client, that would be great. But if they can't, then I would never say to client it's not possible - rather, here are the options. All depends on the quality of the original and what you want to end up with.

Always offer service - not objections... :giggle:

It's always best to advise the client the best possible way.
Getting the higher resolution is the best option.
But get them to agree to sign off on the best job you can do with what they gave.

Back