Please critique my bands website

Website looks good to me although your logo could do with some work.

EDIT: On widescreen monitors your heads are cut off on the main homepage image.

I agree, website looks fine but lose the mark on the logo (not needed at all) and choose a friendlier font for the name style.

Website looks good to me although your logo could do with some work.

EDIT: On widescreen monitors your heads are cut off on the main homepage image.
Thank you, I don't really know how to fix the head issue. Desktop and mobile view seems fine my side.

I'll give the logo some work!

It is OK, if a bit template-site. Does what it says on the tin, but I feel lacks a bit of dynamism. I don’t think it would take a lot to fix

For me, it says wedding, more than it does band and particularly your band. I think the photos could work harder for you. The one upfront, is very staged, although polished and far better than the average band snapshot.

I would rather see a good shot of you performing. It would feel more dynamic, exciting and what people are looking for when hiring a band. Your personalities are important, but more so within the context of the band. I speak as both a designer and someone who plays in a rock band – though not a wedding band. My wife also runs a wedding company, so I probably have a reasonable grasp of all three elements. That said, this is just my opinion.

On a positive note, all the things I want to know upfront are fairly upfront, ie type of music, where you are based, what you do for the evening, etc, so on a practical level it works pretty well. Just not sure the flavour is quite ‘band’ enough.

I can’t say how appropriate it is to the music yet, as it is 2am and I don’t think I’d be all that popular if I started playing YouTube videos at the moment!

It is OK, if a bit template-site. Does what it says on the tin, but I feel lacks a bit of dynamism. I don’t think it would take a lot to fix

For me, it says wedding, more than it does band and particularly your band. I think the photos could work harder for you. The one upfront, is very staged, although polished and far better than the average band snapshot.

I would rather see a good shot of you performing. It would feel more dynamic, exciting and what people are looking for when hiring a band. Your personalities are important, but more so within the context of the band. I speak as both a designer and someone who plays in a rock band – though not a wedding band. My wife also runs a wedding company, so I probably have a reasonable grasp of all three elements. That said, this is just my opinion.

On a positive note, all the things I want to know upfront are fairly upfront, ie type of music, where you are based, what you do for the evening, etc, so on a practical level it works pretty well. Just not sure the flavour is quite ‘band’ enough.

I can’t say how appropriate it is to the music yet, as it is 2am and I don’t think I’d be all that popular if I started playing YouTube videos at the moment!
Thank you for the feedback. I've just changed the banner photo to a video clip from our video. Seem better now?

Thank you for the feedback. I've just changed the banner photo to a video clip from our video. Seem better now?
Sorry, had a bit going on the last few days. I have had a look (and listen) and, yes, using the video feels better, but I am still not convinced the whole thing isn’t a bit bland, stylistically and saccharine colour-wise. It feels more like the colours and style I would expect from a wedding cake maker, than I would a band. Also, as others have said, the logotype is a bit of an afterthought. You could do with a definite logo type.

There are some odd things going on with the header too. I have attached a screen grab:
1. UK has run onto a second line.
2. Ditto ‘Contact’
3. What is this NEW PAGE heading? It links to a template page with dummy pics and text.

Nice TE rig by the way. Bet it weighs a ton though! You guys are very tight.

header.jpg

Sorry, had a bit going on the last few days. I have had a look (and listen) and, yes, using the video feels better, but I am still not convinced the whole thing isn’t a bit bland, stylistically and saccharine colour-wise. It feels more like the colours and style I would expect from a wedding cake maker, than I would a band. Also, as others have said, the logotype is a bit of an afterthought. You could do with a definite logo type.

There are some odd things going on with the header too. I have attached a screen grab:
1. UK has run onto a second line.
2. Ditto ‘Contact’
3. What is this NEW PAGE heading? It links to a template page with dummy pics and text.

Nice TE rig by the way. Bet it weighs a ton though! You guys are very tight.

View attachment 8663
Ah yes that new page was accidentally made live it seems! I've unlinked it now and it's sorted the menu issue.

Agreed on the logo - I've just had this one made to replace it :eek:)

I quite liked the colours. The pink is a little strong and I see your point.

Any colours in particular you'd recommend which could work better?

Attachments

• all in one -01.png
    509.6 KB · Views: 2
Ah yes that new page was accidentally made live it seems! I've unlinked it now and it's sorted the menu issue.

Agreed on the logo - I've just had this one made to replace it :eek:)

I quite liked the colours. The pink is a little strong and I see your point.

Any colours in particular you'd recommend which could work better?

Attachments

• all in one -01.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 2
Back