Places to leave your business cards

DAVOR

Hi,

I recently received my new business cards (will post a pic soon) and was wondering if anybody has any good advice as to where to leave them. Obvioulsy, the best method is meeting people face to face but just to widen the net, has anybody had any joy leaving them in public places or even weird places?

I have read some marketing websites that suggest such things as leaving them in books / magazines that would be relevant to your target market, just wanted to see if anybody has done anything similar.

I am going to go and ask if I can leave them in the offices where start up business go for funding, any other suggestions welcome.

If you have existing clients already, ask if they can keep a few to pass onto their contacts. Business tends to come from referrals and work of mouth anyway, having a pile of cards for your client to hand out makes it easier (maybe offer them a deal if they actively promote you to their contacts, though if you did a good job they're likely to anyway).

Try a few local coffee shops too. My local Nero has piles of cards/flyers that they're happy for local businesses to leave around. Just make sure yours stand out and aren't going to look strange next the "Dave's Dog Walking" ones. Alternatively, take their cards and approach them for work :D

Is there anything creative you can do with a shop window display? The Chip Shop Awards : Categories :

Thanks for the advice Paul.

I only have a couple of clients at the moment and know that they will refer me, but I think I will pass them some of my business cards as well. Coffee shops is defo on the list now as well. Thanks.

Drop billions of them on your home town from a light aircraft. Didn't get any work for me but my solicitor did quite well out of it.

Drop billions of them on your home town from a light aircraft. Didn't get any work for me but my solicitor did quite well out of it.

Millions, not billions - think of the environment when you drop cards out of small aircraft.

We're building a custom built drone to save even more money. 'Every little helps'.

Back