Phishing email from 'Adobe'

Kryten602

Wasn't sure where to post this so I'm putting here in the most read forum. Please feel free to move it. I'm sure a lot of you will know about it but it's new to me:

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 09.53.10.png
The hashed bits are my email address.

Everyone should be checking link addresses before clicking on them, as businesses we can be prone to a lot of spam (even with spam filters)... not to mention adobe got hacked a few years back where they got our login emails (one of the many joys of subscription services...).

Well it's not from Adobe it's from someone masquerading as Adobe.

Always check the links. And if not sure. Go direct to the source - and do not click on any links or trust any information in the email.

At the moment I'm getting phone calls purporting being from Amazon Prime that my Prime account is expiring and to renew by pressing 1 and speaking to an agent.
And today I got anyone from the Revenue asking to do the same thing.

It's truly terrible - and more should be done to track these people down and make them pay for the hurt they're causing.

It can be difficult to know if some texts or calls are genuine. I had 2 texts recently from Santander about an attempted fraudulent purchase from of the stock photo sites, I can't remember which, but somebody had tried to purchase some images for around £300 on my debit card linked to my account. Fortunately for me it was intercepted, but I contacted the site to ask if they had had a data breach but got no response, so sod them, I won't be using them again.

At the moment I'm getting phone calls purporting being from Amazon Prime that my Prime account is expiring and to renew by pressing 1 and speaking to an agent.
And today I got anyone from the Revenue asking to do the same thing.
Oh I get that and someone has bought an iPhone 8 or something.... then throw in the 'internet issues' one from 'bt' and as you say something really needs to be done about it.
I sometimes get an email over revenue refund which is pretty obvious is fake as it's in dollars lol

It can be difficult to know if some texts or calls are genuine. I had 2 texts recently from Santander about an attempted fraudulent purchase from of the stock photo sites, I can't remember which, but somebody had tried to purchase some images for around £300 on my debit card linked to my account. Fortunately for me it was intercepted, but I contacted the site to ask if they had had a data breach but got no response, so sod them, I won't be using them again.
This is why I try not to store my bank cards on sites, although that is harder than it should be because they all think it's 'convenient' to have your card on file and some don't even give you a choice....

Back