People per hour

The cancer of the design industry.

It may well be good for beginners, but it's shoddy for everyone else. Whys that you ask? Because now you get every business or company posting their briefs on sites like that, looking for the quick cheap option.

I have had serveral well paid jobs from this site. I would say it is good to build up a profile on PPHour as it goes into a lot of detail etc and this gives people the option to see exactly what you can do e.g. 5 years exp with indesign etc and you can link online stuff and put portfolios etc on it.
However as printbar said you get so many people wanting a cheap job some times it laughable.
I would just say dont get tied down to applying for loads of rubbish job posts, however after my first day of regisatring I got a lot of companies ringing me for inteviews after seeing my profile.
Good Luck!

If you live in a country where £200 can feed a family for a month, then that's fine :) In my opinion this site and other sites like PPH (odesk, elance, freelancer.com, etc.) is a SLAVERY!

well like I said before dont waste your time reading all the crappy job posts for £2 for a 68 pg brochure and getting anrgy about it. I don't live in a country where you can feed a family for a month on £200 (although I think if pushed I could, I'm quiet thrifty!) I live in London and get paid a decent wage, maybe I was just lucky. (but I didn't bid for these jobs people saw my profile on pph and contacted me.)

It's not too bad a site if you're prepared to sift through the shite paying jobs (some UK briefs even clearly state they're paying less than the UK minimum wage, which is often commented on, by which time 15 people in India have already bid).

The concept of using 'tickets' to bid is understandable. You get 10 free bids on jobs, but once those have run out, you are required to buy more from PPH in order to be able to bid. This is a nice idea, in that it should potentially keep the standard (and ideally prices) high, but there seems to be a constant stream of new blood to offer low prices for jobs.

It's an ok site to keep an eye on and pick up smaller 'in between' jobs but I honestly couldn't imagine it being worthwhile for someone from a richer country to be bidding for jobs there as a means of making end meet.

Yes i think your right on that front paul, I guess I my point was its okay for me and I've had a few people contact me via it and proberbly because I'm in London and maybe there is just a few good people in a vast array of s**t jobs. : ) mostly crap but okay sometimes

Why do people get upset with the mechanism of getting cheap customers put in touch with cheap designers? Why would you care if you were ruthlessly undercut? If that customer was always going for the cheapest option they could find why on earth would you want them as YOUR customer? Sites like these serve as filters, removing the bottom feeders that you cannot afford to have wasting your time as a professional provider of a quality service. Be thankful for the waste pipe these sites supply, and focus on the customers to whom things other than price matter. No matter what they say, price is seldom the top priority of any serious buyer.

I noticed one that said something like 'the logo must be memorable and long-lasting, like the Twitter or Nike logo'. All for the princely sum of £50. :crazy:

Back