PC Repair Leaflet

RJC Design

Hello, just a quick showcase of a leaflet i have made on illustrator. This is my first leaflet I've made so constructive criticism wanted please. :icon_thumbup:

NOTE: I have provided it in a low res to prevent copyright infringement the original is crisp and smooth
PC%252520Repair%252520Flyer.png

I like it and think it has a friendly feel about it. It is much better than most of the 'printed on a photocopier' stuff we get through our door from computer repair companies in Bristol. As a certain member of this forum keeps saying to me though, watch your capital letters for consistency. I.e. why is PC Upgrade using capitals on both words whereas Error fixing isn't?

I like it and think it has a friendly feel about it. It is much better than most of the 'printed on a photocopier' stuff we get through our door from computer repair companies in Bristol. As a certain member of this forum keeps saying to me though, watch your capital letters for consistency. I.e. why is PC Upgrade using capitals on both words whereas Error fixing isn't?

Thanks, I see what you mean. Unfortunately I've sent off a final version to the printer now. I guess I'll just have to learn for future work :icon_thumbup:

I've used a company called Five Eight PrintI managed to get 100 A5 leaflets on 135gsm gloss paper for £7.20 inc P+P which is ideal for me at the moment as I want to do a quick and cheap leaflet drop in my area for the business I am starting.

Just one more thought (and I know you've sent it so one for next time). Where you mention saving money getting a hand-built PC perhaps another hook might also be a better spec for your budget than you'd get at (wash my mouth out) PC World.

Hello, just a quick showcase of a leaflet i have made on illustrator. This is my first leaflet I've made so constructive criticism wanted please. :icon_thumbup:

NOTE: I have provided it in a low res to prevent copyright infringement the original is crisp and smooth
PC%252520Repair%252520Flyer.png

Just a couple of things I've noticed:

• The "I come to you and will do my best..." line doesn't line up with the paragraph above it on the left hand side.
• The text on the prices note is very close to the left hand side, I would bring it in a bit

I'm not a fan of the colours used to be honest I think they could have been more complimentary to each other as the red and yellow in the background (I think) dates the design a bit, as does the gradient effect used. However, as it's already been sent, I guess this is all just stuff to consider next time, and as folk have said, it's better than most stuff that comes through the door xx

Just a couple of things I've noticed:

• The "I come to you and will do my best..." line doesn't line up with the paragraph above it on the left hand side.
• The text on the prices note is very close to the left hand side, I would bring it in a bit

I'm not a fan of the colours used to be honest I think they could have been more complimentary to each other as the red and yellow in the background (I think) dates the design a bit, as does the gradient effect used. However, as it's already been sent, I guess this is all just stuff to consider next time, and as folk have said, it's better than most stuff that comes through the door xx

Thanks for the comments, I see what you mean about the text alignment and I agree with the prices text comment. What colours do you think would have looked better?
Cheers

Just one more thought (and I know you've sent it so one for next time). Where you mention saving money getting a hand-built PC perhaps another hook might also be a better spec for your budget than you'd get at (wash my mouth out) PC World.

Yer I did consider saying something along those lines originally but I figured it may throw off some of my less tech-savvy customers. I tried to achieve a balance of professionalism with audience accessibility
Cheers though :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:.

Turns out the final failed to send. Glad I get a chance to make the suggested edits! Thanks everyone for your contributions

Yer I did consider saying something along those lines originally but I figured it may throw off some of my less tech-savvy customers. I tried to achieve a balance of professionalism with audience accessibility
Cheers though :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:.

Yes, fair comment. It is quite a balance to get right with home users. This is our site doing the same thing; Computer Repair Company | Bristol Computer Fix The branding and site is working really well for us at the moment. We are also just about to do a leaflet drop.

Good luck with it all.

Now I think you've lost the strength it had going for the blue. I actually didn't mind the red gradient but it could have been a bit stronger. I think blue is a step in the wrong direction if I am honest. Having said that there are far more qualified than me here!

Back