Part Time Junior Design Jobs... Do they exist?

benkemp66

Hello guys,

Basically I finished my BA Degree in Digital Media at the start of this year, with the standard plan of going off into the wonderful working world. But since then I've won a scholarship to do my Masters Degree. I know a masters degree isn't vital within graphic design, but its an opportunity that no one could really say no too (a free degree!).

Only problem is I need to get into the working world to be able to pay for things like food and travel expenses, but more importantly to start my career. Are there agencies that offer part time junior designers? Is there any way or advice you can give to convince prospective companies employ me on say a 3 day working week?

I do have other reasons for doing the MA, which only lasts a year, and I would say I already have a strong portfolio, I just need the experience and a small income! (Btw freelancing is not really an option as I would need a reliable source of income)

Thanks for your time!

Splash out on 50 cvs printed (or do it yourself) - 50 envelopes - 50 cover letters- 50 stamps.

Research companies around you you like and would like to work for.

Send them all your cv - cover letter by post.

It's much harder to delete a letter from the post than an email.

Go for it - apply apply apply.

Good luck.

Splash out on 50 cvs printed (or do it yourself) - 50 envelopes - 50 cover letters- 50 stamps.

Research companies around you you like and would like to work for.

Send them all your cv - cover letter by post.

It's much harder to delete a letter from the post than an email.

Go for it - apply apply apply.

Good luck.

Yes do this :) and find out the name of the person you are sending it too. Also give it a week and then call them. Ask for the person by name and speak to them.

I did this and it go me paid work and a lot of people checking out my folio :)

I also did an extra trick... I made me envelopes square and but my little logo on a sticker to seal it.
It was hand written and an odd shape so I thought it would look like a card to people and everyone like to get a card :) first thing they'll open :)

Good luck and don't be afraid to ring them :)

Back