Pantone Number, any ideas?

Jamo

Hello

I need to find the Pantone number nearest to the Apple Mac green logo, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I guess trial and error willl be the way to go, but not exactly 100% accurate.

Can't help more then that I'm afraid!

Is it the green version here?

3117938554_9d7d8a15b8_b.gif

Closest I could get visually using my Pantone books was Pantone 376 EC

Colour

If you're unsure a good place to start is sampling the colour with the dropper tool in Photoshop (Use something larger than a single point in Photoshop though, 5x5 would be best) , then click the foreground colour block (the colour you've sampled) and select the Pantone swatches pallette. Photoshop will then find the colour it thinks is closest.

Presumably you have a Pantone book? Tried just offering up the chips against a printed sample? Your eyes will be more accurate than anything else.

Not sure the legality of reproducing a company's logo without their permission though?

Thats what I did mate. 376 EC came up closest, visually and in Photoshop.

He never said he was reproducing the logo though, just wanted to know the colour.

Thanks Pixels Ink and everyone else, not reproducing the logo, just like the colour :icon_smile:

Will give 376 EC a try.

Thanks again.

Pixels, not having a dig or anything, just offering up a workaround that DesignNewbie could use himself.
Also, don't want anyone getting into trouble with the mighty Apple!
:)

In the flesh - not via the pc

I agree - it's a matter of holding a Pantone book up against a printed example of this green logo, that's the only way really of getting it fully accurate.

Amanda

Back