Packaging / Identity

CMWade

Currently in the process of coming up with an identity for a personal project on a campaign for dog bites.

The idea is to base this around dog food packing as its majority aimed at the dog owners and dog owners are technically responsible for how their dogs act.

Little bit about the design of the campaign:

I plan to use pictograms on the packaging as a nice graphical solution and also use it as a way to reveal a hard hitting fact / emotional play on what can happen if the dog owners dog is responsible for biting people.

The way this would work is to open the tin of dog food you would first have to peel a label off which in turn also peels off the pictogram which then reveals the penalty of which a dog is likely to receive if it bites somebody which could be it being put down.

The only thing about this project i am doing is the fact i can't think of any good names for it and thats kind of where i could do with some help if possible.

Now obviously the project is to do with dog bites and a campaign to raise awareness on dog bites.. a hitting fact and then with the label peeled off then reveals an emotional penalty/result of what could/would happen if a dog bites so I'm looking for something that says something about dog bites.

I've looked at dog names, current dog food packaging names on the market and also came up with some new ones of my own but none of them are working so this is what I'm needed help with. If anyone can help and would help to come up with some names i would very much appreciate it.

So far i've came up with:

Dog bites
Carnivore
Chicken/Beef/Lamb bites for a Large/Medium/Small dog
Grrreat Bites
Instinct

Nothing great at the moment i don't think but trying to connect it somehow with the theme of a campaign trying to raise awareness on dog bites but also making sure its an attractable item to purchase to those dog owners that buy the product.

Well a bit of market research will tell you "Dog Bites" is taken.

Carnivore... sounds a bit weird.

Chicken/Beef/Lamb ... probably already taken

Grrreat Bites - bit along the lines of Kelloggs Frosties and Tony the Tiger with "They're Grrrreat"

Instinct ... doesn't really say anything at all.

How about something a bit creative - if you look up all the things to do with dangerous dogs, it's things like "Beware of the Dog"

How about

K9 - Bware

BigBites

Down Dog (not sure if that is too Yoga?)

Heel

Roooooaaaar

So this is a campaign that's warning people of the consequences of dog bites? And you're planning on telling people about these through cans of dog food with packaging related to the campaign/brand? Have I understood that correctly? Or are you simply planning on adding a label/seal to existing cans?

I thought the consequence of a dog biting someone was that it was killed? Why not play on the idea of losing the animal and the emotional attachment people have to their pets? Or is this about what can happen to someone who's been bitten?

I'd just like add, not all dogs eat canned dog food.

My dog, a husky, eats raw chicken and basically raw meats.

So this is a campaign that's warning people of the consequences of dog bites? And you're planning on telling people about these through cans of dog food with packaging related to the campaign/brand? Have I understood that correctly? Or are you simply planning on adding a label/seal to existing cans?

Yes, you've understood correctly.. my bad for being long winded.

I thought the consequence of a dog biting someone was that it was killed? Why not play on the idea of losing the animal and the emotional attachment people have to their pets? Or is this about what can happen to someone who's been bitten?

Sorry for the late reply to this message as i'v sonly just seen it but this is what i've done using a hard hitting fact along with an emotional attachment penalty which is the dog could potentially be taken away from the owner and put down as this doesn't happen with all dog bite scenario's.

I'd just like add, not all dogs eat canned dog food.

My dog, a husky, eats raw chicken and basically raw meats.

Because its a short brief and quite open i've just stuck with the canned food as I'm trying to base it more on the raising awareness side rather than the whole range of branding / identity but i have looked into it and at a later date when i may look over the project again then i might add a bigger range of foods and packaging

Well a bit of market research will tell you "Dog Bites" is taken.

Carnivore... sounds a bit weird.

Chicken/Beef/Lamb ... probably already taken

Grrreat Bites - bit along the lines of Kelloggs Frosties and Tony the Tiger with "They're Grrrreat"

Instinct ... doesn't really say anything at all.

How about something a bit creative - if you look up all the things to do with dangerous dogs, it's things like "Beware of the Dog"

How about

K9 - Bware

BigBites

Down Dog (not sure if that is too Yoga?)

Heel

Roooooaaaar

Totally agree with the comments you've made on the names i had came up with and thats kind of what i've been struggling with hence this thread really.. Taken your advice on board about looking at the marketing research a bit more and finally starting to come up with something better.
Thanks

Good stuff - I'd be interested in knowing how this project progresses. Hope you can keep us up to date.

Back