online freelance/portfolio. critique

ja_designs

Hi guys

Over the past few months of been working on designing and creating an online folio for myself.

im technically a graphic designer, with NO website experience at all and very little knowledge of using dreamweaver.

its a very basic website, but id just like to get your opinions on it.

its in html, as i couldnt get my head around working in css. but i do plan on hopefully doing a private course to familiarize myself better.

its still a work in progress, so id like to hear your opinions.

be gentle lol

visit ja designs - Graphic Design

...well other than learn CSS as soon as you can, using just images as you have gives the Search Engines no information to crawl or index, hence your site is possibly in the worst position it can be with regards to SEO.

Having said that if it is just for an online portfolio and you are not bothered about SEO then it's o.k, although I think you would get a MUCH more SEO friendly and professional looking site by just using wordpress

...well other than learn CSS as soon as you can, using just images as you have gives the Search Engines no information to crawl or index, hence your site is possibly in the worst position it can be with regards to SEO.

Having said that if it is just for an online portfolio and you are not bothered about SEO then it's o.k, although I think you would get a MUCH more SEO friendly and professional looking site by just using wordpress

thanks, i will look into wordpress

Pretty website - but how will it be found? Learn HTML and CSS - it's not that difficult!! What Boss says is right though.

Back