One Piece of My Work [unfinished]

Tony Hardy

Hey everyone.

Been kicking about the forum for a few days now and I've only really posted up the logo I designed for myself so I thought I'd share my current project with you all.

This is an animation, exploring the idea of 'How to Make a Cup of Tea'. It's not finished yet, and there's a few technical issues such as the cupboard being too far aligned to one side etc. But hopefully, this will give you a little bit of an insight to what I'm all about and what I do.

Sorry it's YouTube not Vimeo, didn't have the patience for it to load on Vimeo just yet. I'll post the finished article up there once it's done.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV36G-b3PCU[/YOUTUBE]
or:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV36G-b3PCU

Cheers
Tony

As someone who wouldn't even know where to begin with animation I think it's really good! haha

I do like it though and I think obviously it will seem better once it's completed, the only thing I can really remember thinking during it was perhaps for some steam to come from the kettle?

Aside from that though, I like the style of it and, as I say, I don't think there's too much I could say about the actual execution of the animation as I know nothing about it!

Cheers Daniel :)
Yeah, the steam and stuff and all the extra little details and the like are to be added later.
I'm working on getting the basic animation finished for now and adding the more textural/detailed side of things later.

Thanks Dave.
That was one of the things I'd struggled with in my earlier work, pacing.
In something like this it's key to getting the pace right, that was one of the main aims.

It reminds me of the animation you see in the opening credits of films like 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' and 'Catch me if you can' :D

You're assuming that the prospective client is willing to spend excessive time trying to comprehend the message - if you're wrong, they'll walk on.

Form and function.

@Corbs.
I used Illustrator for the Illustrations and then After Effects to animtate it all together with backgrounds and the like :)

@Paul
Thanks a lot man :) Kyle Cooper is a massive influence on me. I love his work, so that's a fantastic compliment.

@Minuteman Press
The message isn't really muddy I don't think? The form and function of this piece was just me to practise/hone my animation skills and work on a project instructing how to make a cup of tea. University project. I don't really understand what you're trying to get at? I know that in a commercial environment, things will obviously be quite a bit different. But if you could elaborate that would help me immensely? :)

Back