One-click online tool to fix microtypography?

surfinzap

Hi, Graphic Design community!

I’d love to hear your feedback on my side-project—a free online tool to fix microtypography errors in multiple languages.

Typopo automatically fixes double & single quotes, apostrophes, double & single primes, hyphens, dashes, white spaces, non-breaking spaces, ellipses, trademark symbols, exponents, unintended uppercase, and much more. And it does all that respecting English, German, Slovak, Czech or Rusyn typography rules. Check out typopo.org for further details.

I’m hoping your community feedback will help me shape the tool to be more valuable for book designers, writers, and DTP operators. I’d love you to try it and let me know if this is useful to you. Thank you all for your help!

PS: This is my very first post here. I’m hoping it is not breaking any rules. If so, I’d more than happy to fix the post.

Your sample text has typos and misspellings and grammatical errors.

Typopo finds and fixes abundant combinations of micro typograhy errors based on what writers usually overlook. Check out a few examples of what typopo can wipe out:
→ Double & Single quotes: “Fix double quotes and ‘single quotes with mixed punctuation’ within.”
→ Apostrophes: You swap ’em single quotes for apostrophes, don’t ya?
→ Double & Single primes: Are your primes coordinated? 49° 05′ 16″ N 22° 33′ 56″ E?
→ Hyphens & Dashes: Hyphen often gets in a way where an en/em dash is supposed to be; e.g. while defining a range as 9–5 (at 2019–03–04) or putting a pause in the text—just like that.
→ White spaces: Maybe it’s fun for the 1st time, but do you have the patience to fix double spaces between words, extra spaces before the punctuation, or no spaces afterwards?
→ Non-breaking spaces: You don’t want your ordinal and cardinal numbers, name initials (T.G. Masaryk), and a single letter word to hang alone at the end of the sentence. Let’s put a non-breaking space where it needs to be and remove one where it is extra.
→ Elipses & Aposiopeses: …some sentences are deliberately broken. In some cases, the list of things, …, fruits is not complete. What an opportunity…
A couple of symbols: If you’re tired of finding symbols such as ±,®,™, or © 2020, Typopo will fix them for you.
→ Exponents: An area of 20 cm² and a volume of 20 m³.
→ Accidental uppercase: Hey Typopo, fix Accidental uppercase.
→ ISBN/ISSN formatting: ISBN: 978-80-972058-4-3, ISSN: 1234-5678

Hey, thanks for catching those! I’ve fixed them in the meanwhile. If you have any further feedback, I’d be more than happy to hear it.

Back