New potential office space :)

isoPrint

Hey guys we've been on the hunt for a new office space lately.

This is what we have found so far all being it needs some work done we like it and it's quite well situated and at only 1250 a miinth its a general steal as it comes with a flat above.

It's quite a bit bigger than our current premises so the question is.

Do you think it would be possible to rent out a desk or 2 to local graphic designers looking for some were professional to work from would include a desk mac or pc adobe creative suite and free lunches :) and also possible walk in trade.

Do you think this is something that would work.

we were looking at between 150-200 a month if this is way to much please say.

We were going to get in some small print equipment but we have built up a good network of suppliers so we will stick with them.
Any feedback would be much appreciated we are going to re-brand isoPrint also.

28 High Street, Penicuik, EH26 8HW

Iain

Sounds like a good idea to me. Young designers or small start-up design studios are always looking for desk-space and cheap rental space. As you are a printer, it'd be even more appealing. £150-£200 is very reasonable, presumably they'd be able to use your Internet as part of the deal too? When I and my old designer partners were looking for our first studio, we couldn't find anything we wanted for less than £600 a month. Then with business rates, bills, etc.. on top, it adds up. So a studio space share with another design related business, at that cheap price, is a great opportunity.

Obviously you will contact a solicitor - but I would make sure that you have a break clause on the agreement - so that you can get out earlier if need be.

I would think that you need just to offer the desk space (and internet) and let them provide their own machines and software.

It would be a good idea to get a digital print machine/copier that way you are more likely to get walk-in. (Mind you too much walk-in could be a distraction from your core business). Xerox 700 machines (from experience) are excellent and will possibly be coming up on the secondhand market - though Xerox don't normally do much in the second hand trade! Take a look at any rivals (ie high street print shops) and see what they have. I know we spawned a host of Xerox 700s!

Sounds like a great opportunity. Exciting times. Desk space rental (we rent out two) is certainly highly sort after in Bristol.

Hi mate sounds good only thing I would say is I've been looking at desk / office space in & around Edinburgh (just an idea at the moment) and I have been offered very central locations for £30-40 a week (I'm talking close proximity to Princes Street so prime location). Never looked around Penicuik but probably would have expected it to be slightly cheaper than main Edinbugger?

Hi mate sounds good only thing I would say is I've been looking at desk / office space in & around Edinburgh (just an idea at the moment) and I have been offered very central locations for £30-40 a week (I'm talking close proximity to Princes Street so prime location). Never looked around Penicuik but probably would have expected it to be slightly cheaper than main Edinbugger?

Hey mate hope all is good :) yeh you would think that coming out of central Edinburgh things would become cheaper for some reason it's the opposite things seem to get more expensive from renting a house/flat to a commercial property things are
More costly I think it's down to their being more competition in the town centre to being out were I am etc I could be wrong tho but that's the only reason I see things costing more lol

Also don't forget the free lunch :p

I'm actually serious so if something does come up would be good to hear from you :thumb:

Yeh deffo like i said if this NHS contract comes through I reckon their will be a full time Designer position going with us so ill be in touch seeing your a local lad and a member of GDF :D

Back