New Mouse

hankscorpio

Staff member
Want to get a new wireless mouse. Nothing fancy.
Looking online and can't make heads or tails. Some for as low as €5 with 8000 positive reviews. But have my doubts!
Some as high as €150! Definitely want to keep in the below €50 range.

No idea what's good or bad and reading reviews is giving me a headache.

I bought a Logitech MX Master 2S before Christmas for around £50, works fine for my needs, I think there is a later version out now.

Honestly go into local pc shop, place hand on every mouse they have, just make sure it has the side buttons for back/forwards on it.

My main pc has a logitech mx master and while it does it's job, the battery is useless (I basically have it plugged in all the time now) and the scroll wheel auto click thing is prone to breaking (I turned mine off so hasn't yet).

I've had in the past MS mice and I'd argue they're overall better quality than logitech stuff, which is part of the reason I keep thinking of going back to one. If I was buying today it would literally be a case of giving logitech another go with the new mx master 3 (not sure that looks comfortable though) or the ms (surface) precision mouse (silver is branded surface, black isn't). Black is £50 on uk amazon. Silver is £100.

Valid points!

I was looking at the Logitech MX Master but mixed reviews on battery.

My current mouse is fine which is this https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32818964075.html
But I've dropped it a few times and I think the laser thingy isn't focussed any more and the mouse stutters around now.

Battery life is important - the Mac mouse drains in about a week. Whereas the battery on the mouse I have I changed about once every 2 years!

Side buttons are a must! And a nice wheel. I had a wheel before that had grooves in it and scrolling the wheel gave me an icky feeling in the finger.

I know it sounds ridiculous - but a good recommendation will go a long way!

My battery life lasts about a month and I use it all day and everyday, although not sure how it will be in say 12 months time. It's prob a bit overkill for my needs to be honest.

Do you use it every day like for most of the day?

This one is for my laptop - which I use about 2/3 days a week for a about 4-8 hours.

Do you use it every day like for most of the day?
every day 12ish hours, when I first got the mx master it would last about a week, this gradually decreased to the point where I'd need to do it daily. In hindsight I probably should have sent it back but just couldn't be bothered, I got it cheap and it still works just with the cable plugged in.

every day 12ish hours, when I first got the mx master it would last about a week, this gradually decreased to the point where I'd need to do it daily. In hindsight I probably should have sent it back but just couldn't be bothered, I got it cheap and it still works just with the cable plugged in.

Deffo must be faulty.

Want to get a new wireless mouse. Nothing fancy.
Looking online and can't make heads or tails. Some for as low as €5 with 8000 positive reviews. But have my doubts!
Some as high as €150! Definitely want to keep in the below €50 range.

No idea what's good or bad and reading reviews is giving me a headache.
I bought a £20 Microsoft 3600 mouse as an emergency ‘stick in my laptop bag’ when working off-site. Been using it for over a year (same battery). It works perfectly. Never let me down (I do turn it off at the base when I remember) before slinging it back in the bag. Never really veered away from Apple mouses before but am sold on this one.

Back