NEW LOGO FOR PHATBITSUK OPINIONS?

ZainyGFX

I've done a UK Number Plate style. PhatBitsUK sell Alcantara leather steering wheel covers for VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) vehicles.
1)
logo1.png
2)
logo2.png

The photo isn't as simple as it looks as I have used the exposure feature on Photoshop to make the colours of the Mclaren P1 GTR pop a bit more.

I've done a UK Number Plate style. PhatBitsUK sell Alcantara leather steering wheel covers for VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) vehicles.
Well it's some text on a yellow box with rounded corners in front of a rear image.... not sure what else we can say about it really.... it does have some glaring issues though, there are kerning and spacing issues and it would fail the legal requirements for UK license plates.

The photo isn't as simple as it looks as I have used the exposure feature on Photoshop to make the colours of the Mclaren P1 GTR pop a bit more.
Little tip, this forum is mainly frequented by professionals who do this for a living and know that everyone has to start somewhere. We're willing to help people learn/improve but we also know what we're on about and as such we know exactly how much time/effort goes into things.... there is no point trying to make out something is harder than it actually is and changing the exposure in photoshop is anything but hard.

Well it's some text on a yellow box with rounded corners in front of a rear image.... not sure what else we can say about it really.... it does have some glaring issues though, there are kerning and spacing issues and it would fail the legal requirements for UK license plates.

Little tip, this forum is mainly frequented by professionals who do this for a living and know that everyone has to start somewhere. We're willing to help people learn/improve but we also know what we're on about and as such we know exactly how much time/effort goes into things.... there is no point trying to make out something is harder than it actually is and changing the exposure in photoshop is anything but hard.
Yeah I did it for free anyway‍♂️ It’s for a small Instagram page

So the target is VAG but you used an image of a Mclaren. Where is the logic in this?

And it reads PHA TBIT SUK

Same as what others say, the kerning is pretty bad. That tag line is a no-no in that font because of the W.

Why have you made it look like a number plate when you're selling steering wheel covers?
You don't even show one in the photo.

Yes. The spacing is a bit of an issue but that's easily sorted.

The thing that makes it look less like a number plate is the number of characters and the aspect ratio to me.
Maybe you could make it in the same proportions as a standard UK number plate and have the "UK" like they do on real ones?

Maybe substitute some of the letters for numbers like they do on personalised number plates too?

61wt5cZxxIL._SL1000_.jpg

Yes. The spacing is a bit of an issue but that's easily sorted.

The thing that makes it look less like a number plate is the number of characters and the aspect ratio to me.
Maybe you could make it in the same proportions as a standard UK number plate and have the "UK" like they do on real ones?

Maybe substitute some of the letters for numbers like they do on personalised number plates too?

61wt5cZxxIL._SL1000_.jpg
Will take that into concideration, thanks guys <3

Yeah I did it for free anyway‍♂️ It’s for a small Instagram page
Even if you are doing something pro-bono, to my mind, you should put the same effort in as if it were a paid job. If you aren’t prepared to do that, then I’d say don’t take the job on in the first place. Unless you are doing it in the name of putting something back into the pot, the only thing you’ll get out of it is profile/advertising and if the attention to detail is poor, that’s not exactly going be a great ad for your services! I have never yet met a designer who’s work I respect that isn’t more than a little bit OCD about it all. Goes with the territory. Design is definitely not the place for sloppy corner-cutting.

Back