New logo design for a window cleaner

Mase_00_7

Hi guys,

I am a regular prowler here among other forums as I do a little web design work and like to look around for inspiration.

Now however, a mate has asked for a bit of help designing a logo for a fledgling window cleaning business, and as I am "that type" he's asked me! Anyway, I don't have a great deal of design experience (none really!) and am really struggling to come up with anything remotely usable as a business logo.

Anyone got any ideas or things I could use as inspiration? The logo needs to be professional but fun as the company is called "A Pain in the Glass".

Any help would be much appreciated!! :icon_biggrin:

Cheers, Paul.

Hi welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest searching the Internet for current window cleaning logos. Find some inspiration. Find something that you like, or don't like for that matter, so you have somewhere to start.

Personally, I'd go with something typographic and not a cartoon handyman with a ladder and bucket.

Hi Arrivals,

Thanks for your response. You echo my sentiments exactly with regards to type over cartoony graphics... but how am I going to get across the "fun" feel of the name with only text to play with?

Also, I have done a basic search for window cleaning companies and their logos, and frankly a lot of them look like they were created by 5 year olds!

Hi Arrivals,

Thanks for your response. You echo my sentiments exactly with regards to type over cartoony graphics... but how am I going to get across the "fun" feel of the name with only text to play with?

Also, I have done a basic search for window cleaning companies and their logos, and frankly a lot of them look like they were created by 5 year olds!

You can create lots of fun with typography! :icon_smile:

It's just about finding the right sort of font style and mixing it up a little bit - usually something a bit chunkier I find if you're going for a fun approach.

I think the mistake most people make when researching and creating logos is that they confuse inspiration with ideas. You say that the other companies logos aren't up to much but why would you want your logo to look like someone else's anyway?

You need to come up with something unique, original, and the opposite to what other people have created otherwise your logo will just look like every other window cleaning logo out there.

I can do you a cartoon designed logo?

window2bcleaner2blogo2bcopyr.jpg

I thought 'pun' names were reserved for hairdressers. Obviously not. Why does a window cleaner need to be 'fun'? When did fun become a viable business model outside of children's parties and summer holidays? He's a bloody window cleaner, not a stand up comedian. Surely 'clean' would be a better image to portray.

Sorry, that's not helped, just having a rant. I've had 2 people ask for 'summery', 'fun' logos this week. A plumber and a credit union would you believe. :icon_Wall:

Last edited:
I thought 'pun' names were reserved for hairdressers. Obviously not. Why does a window cleaner need to be 'fun'? When did fun become a viable business model outside of children's parties and summer holidays? He's a bloody window cleaner, not a stand up comedian. Surely 'clean' would be a better image to portray.

Sorry, that's not helped, just having a rant. I've had 2 people ask for 'summery', 'fun' logos this week. A plumber and a credit union would you believe. :icon_Wall:

There are a LOT of businesses which wish to appeal to their client base with a friendly 'fun' image.

The pet industry - massive
The child industry - massive
The food industry - massiverrrrrrrrrr - you never seen all the food advertising with the fun logos and characters?
Even IT geeks have comedy characters to display on their 'hire a geek' flyers.
I know accountants who use gag cartoons to attract through humour, same re solicitors etc.

Yes they still have corporate logos but the rest of their sales pitch may contain a large doae of humour.

Meanwhile if you're stuck for 'fun' imagry re those clients of yours, I may be able to help. Let me know if you think I can.

Seasons greetings!

I'm with you on this one, terrible name, plus surely it should be "A Pane in the Glass" :icon_rolleyes:

Back