New(ish) to Social Media + SEO [Tips Please]

@GCarlD

Hi Guys,

I have finally signed up to a few social media networks and was wondering whether anyone had and tips or advice into making the most out of them. I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment, as it's difficult keeping up to date and active on so many of these kind of sites. Are there certain sites I should be focusing on more? I find Twitter quite easy to grasp, and Google+ kind of makes sense but Dribble and Pinterest i'm not so sure about? I don't quite get what i'm meant to do with them yet, I need to look into them more. Also I have been reading up on SEO, as I have a very basic understanding of it, if anyone can lend any advice on how I should go about improving my SEO I would really appreciate it. I am also new to Blogging and have only just started my very first blog a couple of weeks ago. For the SEO, should I be uploading linked images of some sort, relating to my blog posts? Should I also be including links to certain key words in my blogs and if so, do I need to get permission from whoever 'owns' the url I am linking to? (If that makes sense?) Or am I completely mistaken about SEO? I know some of this stuff must be obvious but I want to be sure, as the moment I am just reading up and trying different things, hoping for the best. It would be good to know the right and efficient way to go about these things.

Also, I have been getting what I can only consider as Spam, about SEO plugins that I can use to help bring traffic to my website. I haven't looked into these as they sound a bit dodgy. Should I stay clear or does anyone have any recommendations? And is there a way to stop receiving these spam comments in my CP or is it a matter of me continuing to 'add to spam' and 'permanently deleting'?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Oh and before I forget. If you are a member of any (or all) of these, please follow me on:

Twitter

Google+

Pinterest

Dribble

It would really help me out and it would be great to be able to follow and get in contact with other designers and creatives like yourselves.

Thank you.

Back