New Cv critique please

gisto02

Hi guys could you give me some critique on my CV ive been working on..cheers

Attachments

• New CV.jpg
    New CV.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 35
I like it. Though I'm not keen on the black background or what appears to be a naked picture of you, I do like the design and layout of it. It's different, so it's a winner. I'd definitely change the black to a much more friendly colour and perhaps a clothed picture of you. :icon_eek:

haha yeah the pic can be easily changed, this is just a rough, actually gona change it and make black white..the black background needs to stay, as i have a running theme with other self promo stuff im doing..thanks for ur comment

i really like it, i would say that the timeline might be better going from earliest at the top to latest at the bottom because you start with the most recent work which is slightly confusing. maybe its just me, but thats what I thought.

like the concept though!

-oli

It's a refreshing and interesting approach and works well from a visual perspective. If I received this from a candidate for a position I'd certainly recognise creativity - although for a CV I think it might appear a bit informal. Also, it's running the risk of annoying the HR team by wasting their black ink cartridges and making them tape two A4 sheets together to take to the interview. My advice is to always get on-side with office staff and HR managers, it'll pay dividends in the long run.

the black background needs to stay, as i have a running theme with other self promo stuff im doing

Fair enough. It's always better to have a running theme throughout. Put some images up of the other pieces. :icon_thumbup:

It's a refreshing and interesting approach and works well from a visual perspective. If I received this from a candidate for a position I'd certainly recognise creativity - although for a CV I think it might appear a bit informal. Also, it's running the risk of annoying the HR team by wasting their black ink cartridges and making them tape two A4 sheets together to take to the interview. My advice is to always get on-side with office staff and HR managers, it'll pay dividends in the long run.

He could perhaps send 2 versions. A creative version as well as a printer-friendly version to read off.

Back