Needing some logo advice on club design.

Samcan

Hey guys..new to this site..

I'm wondering if you can help me with something. Im in my final year of college (graphic design) and Im doing an identity project. Im currently trying to create a logo for a new club night that will be opening soon and I'm just going through a really dry spell at the moment, trying to get inspiration etc.

Now, all 'n' all...logo's for clubs arent the best type of logo's around...rarely do you go "wow...that logo is amazing" as they are usually super high tech contemporary looking, The younger generation being its main customer.

Does anyone here have good advice on how to create a good club logo? ....the variations I've been doing havent been great, and I'm getting worried now as I've alot of work piling up that isnt getting done because I feel like I need to get this logo done and out of the way so I can proceed.

The name of our night will be called "ThreeHouse" .... (purposely spelled that way). I'm either making my logos too complicated, or some parts too illegible. I'm pulling my hair out at this stage to be honest.

I'd be highly appreciative of any input.

Samcan - I already gave you shed loads of ace advice on numerous posts, I would suggest going back to basics, read my posts, read between the lines of the advice, get the aims and goals down, keep it simple.

The forum shouldn't really be the place to be asking for advice for this kind of thing as you should research and exhaust other forms of inspiration as you would any new piece of work by yourself, it has to come from you.
Preparation is key to a solid foundation, it's the hardest part, but once done, will easily set you up for this logo and future logos/work.

Afternoon.

Well, firstly. Dunno who that Kev guy is but what on earth is he talking about?

My opinion on your post is short.

It's all about the lighting effects my man. Type something like lighting effects, photoshop, into a Google search and you'll find loads of tutorials on how to create cool lighting effects.

Clubbers love the lighting effects!

Afternoon.

Well, firstly. Dunno who that Kev guy is but what on earth is he talking about?

My opinion on your post is short.

It's all about the lighting effects my man. Type something like lighting effects, photoshop, into a Google search and you'll find loads of tutorials on how to create cool lighting effects.

Clubbers love the lighting effects!

This is not the first post re this exact same topic, hence my mentioning my other posts, if you've not read those then I suggest you read them so you can see where it all started, you will then get more of an idea of what I'm talking about and which is apt to this thread :)

Thanks kev..

but these posts are separate, my other post was a critique, this one is about obtaining information.

I think you jumped the gun slightly on this. I was fully aware that I was posting two threads, but on two different aspects on the same subject. I didnt see anything wrong with that.

Neither do I, however, they're about the same thing ;) and either way you look at it my previous posts on the other thread are part and parcel of exactly what you should be looking at..

Hope you get it sorted :)
Show us what conclusion you came too.

Thanks kev,

currently designing a poster which doesnt want to work for me!! grr...

I have a new thought on the logo so I'll post that either tonight or tomorrow :icon_smile:

Dude, I've produced many a House Club event logo/promotion.
Find a metaphor for the ethos of the event/sound/vibe.

Hey guys, I've been really busy lately...just finished my final year degree show and it all went really well.

I recieved a 1st for my end of degree mark...I was one of 4 who got one (woo!)

anyway, this was the Three house logo that I went with in the end, my tutors were really happy with it.

the%20Final%20final%20LOGO!!!-reduced.jpg

The poster :

Three%20house%20final%20poster(uploading+2).jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Ben Ja :)

The colours are a bit washed, they are a bit more vibrant in the printed version, but resizing and uploading always deteriorates the quality of the image.

Not to mention don't forget the 'threehouse' club name, the best logos play on their names, thus making the identity stronger, and three is a very interesting number, even if you just use it as a column structure/ proportion ratio etc. it could generate some braver and more dynamic ideas. One piece of advice I will give you, keep it on paper until you feel you can go no further, then transfer it to screen, this way you won't waste time doing lots of variations on what you don't feel is quite right yet.
I hope this helps :)

Back