My Updated Portfolio. Comments please

nickio15

Hi everybody,

New on Behance I invite you to take a look at my art work. Its great to be here. I hope some of you will have a chance to have a look at my work and let me know what you think.

site

Many Thanks

atleast make your posts look as though they were written for the forum youre on :rolleyes:

Many apologies. I hope you like the site. I am just looking to get my work out there amongst the community here. And in relation to the destinys child post. It is not her I assure you.

Thanks

Apology unaccepted to me, sorry.

If you just want to get your stuff out there and are randomly spamming your wares with no strategy, or genuine thought or respect to who you show it to then your carelessness is a trait that is too common in modern designers. It demonstrates your superficiality to your work and your attitude. If you want an honest appraisal of your work, then afford and show respect to both your own efforts and the people you ask. Otherwise you'll get treat like the Spam that you present yourself as. If you can't care about your work, why should we? Sorry doesn't cut it. As a designer, your carelessness has seen you shoot yourself in the foot. Not a good start. Cut and Paste is a sad syndrome of current designers. Better check all the other forums you've posted on

Warning: require(/home/admin/public_html/blog/wp-includes/pluggable.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admin/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 559

Did Berry get angry and disable the site...??

The site is working for me, I can see you've got yourself the free WP theme 'Notepad Chaos' and modified to suit, so as a design it's not entirely unique, it's running on the same layout, you can also see where you've edited some of the theme images and not others, some of the lineup on graphics is out, and you've also left the default Wordpress links section and default WP statements at the bottom of the page, which just looks lazy...

This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
The actual work examples look like the result of Photoshop tutorials, rather than actual work, they have no commercial setting, what's their purpose?

Both the Web & Logo sections have "Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here" and the Video button doesn't even have a link to click. On top of these missing pages/sections the About link takes you to a piece of Photoshop work called 'Freedom' and the Contact page brings up an error.

Sorry everyone. My site had some severe down time last night. Its mostly up and running again now. The theme is based on the chaos-notepad design.

It is very much still in development. My aim here is just to get some feedback from more experienced designers so I can try and improve the design and feel of the site.

Thank you for all your comments and please dont consider me as spam. This is not my intention at all.

Regards

It is a bit difficult to not think its Spam Nicky.. but welcome to the forum :)

especially since Behance is another web design forum. :eek:

Well I remember him posting here a while back... but never heard anything since then. Just a heads up: people tend to not like putting time and effort in replying to inactive members :)

Although, because I'm a nice guy *cough* I'll say that I like how you integrated the style of the site into the blog, it would seem like a nearly impossible task at first but you pulled it off anyway :up:

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it. I can see that I have annoyed a couple and thats understandable with the spam issue. I was a stupid mistake pasting a post to a forum in the wrong window. I wasnt meant for this site. I thought Id posted something different here.

Anyway please keep checking my site for new content. Everyone has to make a start somewhere and this is what I am trying to do.

Many Thanks

Your going to have to enter the book cover competition to redeem yourself and show us what your capable of :)

The feedback will be skewed though chap, as the site is 85% someone else's, 5% yours and 10% in development.

Back