My personal logo

The writing down the right hand side doesn't work for me - I am guessing it should read 'M DAVIES'? but it is very difficult to see and looks more like 'MDAMES'

Tried a more simple approach:

logo.png

I also agree with all the above but feel that there may be something worth explring in the negative space of the original logo (i.e. the semi-circles in the B, rectangles in the E and triangles in the N).

Agree with the comments about the first one and the second one isn't filling me with excitement either. I am getting pretty fed up of people using acronyms and there are SO many companies that do it we often find ourselves getting them mixed up at work for example - they're difficult to remember, at least stick with your name.

Sometimes, (not always) a logo needs to be something more than just a name written in a font. It's something you need to explore, maybe come back to just a font after viewing other possibilities, but I wouldn;t just start writing your name in different fonts, seeing how it looks, picking one and then call that a logo. Think of the image of yourself as a photographer that you want to portray. Give it some personality. Make it legible. Make it memorable.

Good point, Linziloop.

Small pedantic point of my own, though: it's only an acronym when the initials spell out a word (like when 'Cabinet Office Briefing Room A' becomes 'COBRA' - don't know why that's the first example that comes into my head [!]); if they just initial letters, it's an 'initialization'.

hmm thanks. Before reading these last posts I had another go:

If you had to pick between these though which would you pick?
whichlogo.png

I shall go back to the drawing board again. :icon_tongue_smilie:

The first one reminds me of someone holding binoculars or as has been noted already a pair of spectacles, but I think it might have more in terms of scope for development (keeping in mind the second one looks incredibly corporate). Perhaps you could look into incorporating a relevant, but visually stimulating graphic element in a similar way to tie it in? The shape of the font is okay and seems to sit well with the green - but I think a little embellishment would definitely help.

Good point, Linziloop.

Small pedantic point of my own, though: it's only an acronym when the initials spell out a word (like when 'Cabinet Office Briefing Room A' becomes 'COBRA' - don't know why that's the first example that comes into my head [!]); if they just initial letters, it's an 'initialization'.

Ah! Thank you for pointing that out - people in work are always calling initialization acronyms so I just picked it up from them I think! Makes sense what you said though, I shall let the folks in work know too hehe!

Either way, it's annoying - initialization perhaps more so because it doesn't spell a word and so isn't memorable.

Now, must have a look at these new attempts that have been mentioned...

Last edited:
Nope, I'm still not convinced on either of those versions. Did you ever get taught the "bed" method of remembering which way around your b's and d's go when in primary school? They remind me of that, but then I guess that can't be avoided when there's a b and a d at the end of a 3 letter word.

Is there no chance of you exploring something more pictorial than letter based? Still have bmd on there like, but add something of a graphic element to make it more memorable?

Back