My Designs!

DavoSmith said:
@GibbonIT splendid branding work.
Cheers Mate :D
In addition, back to the thread, Mati, I think everybody is making very good points here and they shouldn't be taken the wrong way and put you off by any means. Everything I would have said has already been said, but it would be great to see your individual designs develop.

GibbonIt said:
In addition, back to the thread, Mati, I think everybody is making very good points here and they shouldn't be taken the wrong way and put you off by any means. Everything I would have said has already been said, but it would be great to see your individual designs develop.

GibbonIt said:
I Understand.

I don't think these emotionless one or two word responses are going to help further your design career very much!

Sean Lee-Amies said:
I don't think these emotionless one or two word responses are going to help further your design career very much!
I have a feeling this might be a blag thread now, with responses like that. Chances are high.
Mati dangles bad design bait.
So called designers bite it right off.
Potentially....

I don't know, let's let this rest until Mati has decided he wants to pick up his design ambition again :)

@Mati, what it sounds like to me is that you posted these signatures and expected us all to go "OMG YOUR STUFF IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN", when in actuality you've received some VERY sound and strong advice from some well established designers and seem to have your tail between your legs. I will say now, you've posted one place saying you're a graphic designer of 1 year, in this thread a designer of 2 years. Your work is not good enough YET to call yourself a designer. You look more like you dabble in it. You need to take some classes on design principles, typography, layout, etc, in order to get the education necessary to know what the heck you're doing. YouTube tutorials are only going to take you so far and you have to be ready to be critiqued. Some people are going to be harsher than others, others will be nice. But you need to be ready to have designs torn apart in the process, we have all been there.
Stick with it because it's clear you love designing, but you need to work on your skills more and find some things you enjoy working on besides banners. You've got a good start, you have a handle on Photoshop, now work to learn the other programs and look at designers and see what's being put out in the world. :)

shaunalynn said:
@Mati, what it sounds like to me is that you posted these signatures and expected us all to go "OMG YOUR STUFF IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN", when in actuality you've received some VERY sound and strong advice from some well established designers and seem to have your tail between your legs. I will say now, you've posted one place saying you're a graphic designer of 1 year, in this thread a designer of 2 years. Your work is not good enough YET to call yourself a designer. You look more like you dabble in it. You need to take some classes on design principles, typography, layout, etc, in order to get the education necessary to know what the heck you're doing. YouTube tutorials are only going to take you so far and you have to be ready to be critiqued. Some people are going to be harsher than others, others will be nice. But you need to be ready to have designs torn apart in the process, we have all been there.
Stick with it because it's clear you love designing, but you need to work on your skills more and find some things you enjoy working on besides banners. You've got a good start, you have a handle on Photoshop, now work to learn the other programs and look at designers and see what's being put out in the world. :)
Tough lady, great post.......
One of the finest places online to get informed and inspired is right here >> computerarts.co.uk that should lead you to all manners of nooks and crannies in the world of design.....

I try to be really nice, but sometimes come across harsher than I mean to! :) But I'm also pretty no nonsense.
I second computer arts. I have been buying the mag for about 4 years now and always enjoy reading it. There's great tips and tricks there. Probably wouldn't have started reading it initially if my university didn't carry it.

Some times in life the truth can be harsh, but you'll always be in a better position after hearing it.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
Some times in life the truth can be harsh, but you'll always be in a better position after hearing it.
no no no, you're not aloud to be negative to someone who's still learning, it's all about positive reinforcement... yeah I know it's stupid but it's the government for you....

Well I've always hated traditional education, I'm not massively keen on the government either. The fact is that people need to understand what level they are currently at. Building up someone's confidence in their own abilities, past what they are really capable of, can sometimes be more damaging than anything else you can do or say to someone.

Mati said:
I dont say nothing that my designs are best...,anyways thank u
shaunalynn
I never said that you SAID your designs were the best, what I am saying is I think that you thought you would get a lot of "Those look fantastic" here rather than what you got. Gotta read things carefully, dude. :)

.... also double negative.... "don't say nothing"

Back