Metallic background or gradient on complete Illustrator file with clipping mask

oodya

Hello all,

I am wondering if someone can help please?

I have a design that has some clipping masks on them (I have a fair few that I need to go through). I would like to place a gold gradient across everything or have a gold metallic background that everything fits into.

Would anyone be able to advise me on the best way to do this.

I have a fair few files that I need to do, so would appreciate any best practices / feedback.

I have attached a jpeg and .pdf (the pdf contains the design along with a sample gradient and a sample background).

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• gradient question.jpg
    gradient question.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 11
Deleted the pdf - pdf's can contain malware or other nasty things for pc users so we generally don't advise opening them.

Feel free to repost the pdf as a jpeg though.

Yes exactly. Ideally for all the files, anything that is showing on the screen to have a gold metallic gradient flowing through it or for me to use a metallic background and everything to fit within that so it looks like it's a foiled photo.

The problem that I have is that the bottom design is a clipping mask. When I try to create a compound path, I get a message that says 'Can't make a compound path. A compound path cannot combine a clipping mask with an ordinary path.

Thank you for your reply. I have attached the result of merging it. Not too sure what I am doing wrong.

Attachments

• gradient example 2.jpg
    gradient example 2.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 3
Back