Maximising chances of getting into graphic design?

J.Etherington

Ok, I'm an AS-level student studying graphic design at Barnsley College, but we also have do this course called CoPE (Certificate of Personal Effectiveness) and it's about careers and getting into uni and things like that. Currently, we have to choose a research question and research it, so I decided to do something that matters to me, so I chose the question "How do I increase my chances of entering a career in graphic design?"

Obviously I am going onto do graphics at uni (hopefully) but I need help on what to do/where to go after that. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but here it is.

cheers.

Meet people. Your work is important, but actually knowing people in the industry and getting practical experience whilst studying is much more important. Go to events and lectures, and speak to designers that you recognise. Get as many portfolio reviews as you can, ask for placements and get to know people on first name terms. That will give you a massive edge over the competition come graduation.

Back