Marketing tips for online t-shirt store (Teespring)

bread_sandwich

Hi! I am looking for any tips or advice on best practices or tools to use to better market my online t-shirt store. I have a handful of sales under my belt, but would like to generate more. I use the Teespring platform where they take a percentage of the sales, but handle all the customer service, printing, shipping, etc. I like the system but I need more sales. I would like to turn this sidehustle into a solid stream of income. I currently use paid ads through facebook and the marketing tools Teespring offers. I get a lot of likes but need help turning those likes into purchases. Any input would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Hey Brent, welcome to the forum.

I can't really offer any good advice as I don't really sell any t-shirt designs but I've been considering doing something similar but using a stand alone www that's connected to a white label drop shipper via Shopify rather than a platform like Teespring.
Reason being that the t-shirt market is super saturated and I don't want to compete with all the other designers and rather to try and find a niche area.

There are literally LOADS of Youtube vid's about setting up and and marketing a t-shirt store and driving traffic using ad's, keywords and SEO.
Thing is, that all seem to say the same things and make it look so easy to make money from them when it isn't the case.

Thanks for the quick reply Scotty,

Sound advice as I do see that the t-shirt market is very saturated. Do you currently use Shopify? I did the free trial, but didn't go all out with it. Can you go into more detail about your idea using a drop shipper via Shopify? Do you have any niches in particular that come to mind? I have attempted coffee lovers, shark lovers and dad jokes to name a few.

Hey Brent,

No, I've not actually implemented it yet, just read up about it really but it's something I intend to do as I've SO many shirt designs and graphics that have never been used through working or a few labels in the past and doing my own stuff.

The way I'd envisioned it was to make a stand alone site and then attach Shopify which is cheaper if you have your own site/hosting and then link it to a drop shipper like Printful.
Many drop shippers will do white label with no reference to themselves and also put your branding on the delivery label so it appears that the product has come direct from yourself.
Some will even put some stuff that you provide in there like freebie stickers or whatever you want for a fee as long as you're making a certain number of sales.
They tend to work by charging you for the cost of the garment/printing and postage and you set your own price above that.

When I say "niche" it was more in the way of a lifestyle brand or label.
One being a bit of a JDM, graff, skate vibe and another that is more mid century, hot-rod, tattoo and motorcycle inspired.

Financially, there is little risk as all you pay for is your hosting, Shopify, promotion and any paid ad's if you want them.

If you check any of the large drop shippers out they usually have explainer vid's about how it all works.

Too good to be true? Probably but hey....Nothing ventured. ;)

I've only got as far as making a bunch of designs and branding but I did make a video teaser for one of them while I was playing with After Effects.

You can use social media platforms for increasing your sales. I also would like to suggest using a texting service so that you can contact your existing customers and tell them about new offers on your T-shirts. I have used bulk SMS marketing technique for my business and the results were great so I suggest it to others as well.

Thank you all so much for the replies. I will try implementing these techniques and let you know the results! In the meantime feel free to check out my online t-shirt store bit.ly/thewyrdbrand. If something grabs your attention please purchase! Otherwise any constructive criticism is highly encouraged. Thanks again!
Hey Brent,

No, I've not actually implemented it yet, just read up about it really but it's something I intend to do as I've SO many shirt designs and graphics that have never been used through working or a few labels in the past and doing my own stuff.

The way I'd envisioned it was to make a stand alone site and then attach Shopify which is cheaper if you have your own site/hosting and then link it to a drop shipper like Printful.
Many drop shippers will do white label with no reference to themselves and also put your branding on the delivery label so it appears that the product has come direct from yourself.
Some will even put some stuff that you provide in there like freebie stickers or whatever you want for a fee as long as you're making a certain number of sales.
They tend to work by charging you for the cost of the garment/printing and postage and you set your own price above that.

When I say "niche" it was more in the way of a lifestyle brand or label.
One being a bit of a JDM, graff, skate vibe and another that is more mid century, hot-rod, tattoo and motorcycle inspired.

Financially, there is little risk as all you pay for is your hosting, Shopify, promotion and any paid ad's if you want them.

If you check any of the large drop shippers out they usually have explainer vid's about how it all works.

Too good to be true? Probably but hey....Nothing ventured. ;)

I've only got as far as making a bunch of designs and branding but I did make a video teaser for one of them while I was playing with After Effects.

Amazing video. You've got yourself some After Effects skills. Might want to higher you to do some video work for me in the future!

To boost your online t-shirt store's success, focus on compelling product photography, engage with your audience on social media, and leverage influencer partnerships for wider reach and brand visibility.

To boost your online t-shirt store's success, focus on compelling product photography, engage with your audience on social media, and leverage influencer partnerships for wider reach and brand visibility.
That's basic marketing 101 - I mean to ask - what is your experience?

To boost sales, try targeting specific niche audiences, using eye-catching visuals, and creating engaging content around your designs.

To boost sales, try targeting specific niche audiences, using eye-catching visuals, and creating engaging content around your designs.
I've been in a similar boat with an online store. To boost sales, try targeting specific niche audiences, using eye-catching visuals, and creating engaging content around your designs. Building a social media presence can also help turn those likes into purchases. You can also use project management software for nonprofits to organize everything. Keep experimenting, and you'll find what works best for your store.

Remember, building a solid stream of income takes time and consistent effort. Continuously refine your strategies based on feedback and data, and be patient as you work towards growing your online t-shirt store.

I've been in a similar boat with an online store. To boost sales, try targeting specific niche audiences, using eye-catching visuals, and creating engaging content around your designs. Building a social media presence can also help turn those likes into purchases. You can also use https://fracasdigital.com/blog/nft-web3 to organize everything. Keep experimenting, and you'll find what works best for your store.
Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the Forum Discussion.

Here are some marketing tips for promoting an online t-shirt store on Teespring:
  • Use social media (Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) to promote your designs and increase traffic to your Teespring store.
  • Email marketing: build an email list, send the email to a niche audience, and tag the discount coupon in the email.
  • SEO optimization: do keyword research and use relevant keywords in titles, descriptions, and website content .
  • Run paid ads on Google AdWords, Youtube, Reddit, and other platforms to increase brand awareness.
  • Collaborate with other brands on co-branded shirt designs.

Back