marker pen visuals?

ja_designs

hi all

just wondering, do marker pen visuals still play a part in your design for clients?

do you show clients initial ideas that have been with this method?

or are your initial idas for the client done on screen?

looking forward to your replies

regards

john

I do like to keep my hand in but quite often its quicker and easier to scribble my ideas down on a layout pad, mock it up in illustrator (or the likes) and email the .pdfs.

The last company I worked for employed a designer to work on nothing but hand rendering. He didnt even know how to send an email!! Sadly, when the recession kicked in he was the 1st to go! So it seems that hand rendering is an expendable art form these days.

I find it depends on the client, and the job. Logos are usually easier to mac up, but an ad campaign might work better as marker vizs - it's very hard to get the exact shot you've got in mind by comping together stock shots. It's also often misleading to the client - you get a lot of "Why do we need to take a shot - you've already done it." Which never happens with marker scamps.

it's very hard to get the exact shot you've got in mind by comping together stock shots. It's also often misleading to the client - you get a lot of "Why do we need to take a shot - you've already done it." Which never happens with marker scamps.

That is very true but again I generally use a tablet to sketch what Im thinking. Its probably more to do with laziness than anything else.

I produce mark visuals occasionally but its getting rarer, its still nice to sketch out ideas and layouts though before hitting the mac.

I try and sketch out ideas. . but usually have to go straight to Mac due to time constraints. Good idea for ads or where photos are needed to do market scamps.

Back