Mac Vs PC for web design

if your a designer you NEED to be on a mac, you wont be taken seriously if your not. I'm not a fan boy I use both but for an example on the floor I work there are about 30 designers, art directors, photographers and a total of 0 are on PC/Windows. I'm a web designer so I have a mac with bootcamp and parallels.

andyshaw said:
if your a designer you NEED to be on a mac, you wont be taken seriously if your not. I'm not a fan boy I use both but for an example on the floor I work there are about 30 designers, art directors, photographers and a total of 0 are on PC/Windows. I'm a web designer so I have a mac with bootcamp and parallels.

Im on a mac but what you just said was total BS in my opinion. You dont need a mac to be taken seriously. I cant get over how untrue that is.

People care about your work, not your hardware. And if they do, they're completely stupid...:mad:

i don't see an argument for not having a mac, just to move on from previous posts... jack getting his spank ooonn

you can install windows on a mac. so why NOT have a mac?

tim-ater said:
i don't see an argument for not having a mac, just to move on from previous posts... jack getting his spank ooonn

you can install windows on a mac. so why NOT have a mac?

I think the answer to that is...COST

well, if you don't want to spend too much you can have a pile of shit for cheap.

@jHouse only my opinion dude but if you got a big design job and when asked what configuration you need if that included a Windows machine there defo would be eyebrows raised. But if your just starting out either can be fine.

andyshaw said:
@jHouse only my opinion dude but if you got a big design job and when asked what configuration you need if that included a Windows machine there defo would be eyebrows raised. But if your just starting out either can be fine.

I dont think there would be eyebrows raised at all. If you're competent with the Adobe Suite it doesnt matter what platform you're on. I know a LOT of designers who have swithced to Vista Ultimate and never looked back.

andyshaw said:

Do you work for apple? Being a designer is all about being creative and thinking outside the box, not blindly following what everyone else is doing.

andyshaw said:

andyshaw said:

I don't think you could be more wrong, I'm a web designer/developer and have never used a Mac, in our design team at work two thirds of people are running PCs, in the company as a whole there is less that 10% Mac usage.

@andyshaw: sorry if people have come across a bit rude btw, im sure you had your reasoning behind thinking that :)

Back