Looking for testers for new macOS tool for animated halftone and pattern effects

lostminds

I'm the developer of Vectoraster, a macOS vector graphics design tool for generating complex custom raster and halftone effects. In the new version I'm working on now I'm adding animation features so that you can animate all these effects.

I'm turning to you now since I'm looking for users who are interested in these types of effects and are used to working with animation to help test these new features, hopefully some of you will find it fun. It's a bit of a new field for me and I suspect it's the same for the regular user base of the software, so it would be great to get the perspective of some users more experienced with video/animation.

You can read more and sign up if you're interested at lostminds.com/vectoraster8

Vectoraster8_alpha3_animation.jpg

I signed up!

I've used Vectoraster in the past and always found it a pretty awesome bit of software as I use halftones quite a bit.
I mainly used it to create vector halftones of images mostly for large scale murals and have recommended it to others quite often.

I'll be very interested to see how it integrates with animation. :)SpaceCadetPoster.jpg

Last edited:
That's great to hear! Of course there will be a lot of other improvements as well to feature useful even if you're not doing animation as well.

Can't wait to see them!

I also do a lot of animation in After Effects but never really used halftones so that should be interesting.

The problem with all the other ways of generating vector halftones is that you usually have to make them as rasters and then image trace them in Ai which always leads to blobby dots and mixed results.
Always loved the way they Vectoraster gives perfect vector dot patterns.

Back