Looking for a printer

kwilson1203

I am looking for a printer who can print one-off greetings cards, usually either A3 folded to A4 or A4 folded to A5 on a heavy card and creased.
I don't mind paying for postage but can't get anyone local to do them.

They are done in full colour both sides and all artwork supplied complete.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kelly.

Its gonna be really hard to find someone to do one offs. If you can do a few Printed.com are alright, they are digital but quite good and their prices are good.

Scary, £20+minimum postage of £4 + VAT ... BUT I have a local guy who is pretty food, I'll ask if he can do the folded/creased stuff. Which will be far lower plus postage

That is a wee bit higher than I'd be looking to pay!!!! If you could ask your local guy I would really appreciate it. I don't mind the postage part but hoping I can get a good print cost then I can use the same person all the time.

Thanks for your help.

The problem you're going to have is setup costs. My local digital guy charges me £10 setup + 15p per colour print but then there's the cost of card on top of that, and further setup costs for cutting and creasing & VAT on the whole lot. By the time you've got your 1 perfect card the printer will have wasted 3 or 4 setting up (which also need paying for) and there's nowhere to absorb the costs.

My advice to you would be that if this is a commercial venture, you need to get enough orders in at the same time to print all at once thus slashing the print costs then crease them yourself (hobby craft sell hand creasing tools). If you take my local printer as an example, I supply the paper stock and a PDF, he sets up and prints. It makes no difference to him if its an a4 or sra3 sheet he's printing onto or if its a 1 page PDF or multipage. So if I print 1 a4 sheet with 1 design on, it costs me £12.18 plus the cost of my card stock. If I print an SRA3 sheet with 2 designs it costs me £12.18 plus the cost of my card, effectively halving of each design and so on.

Back