Logo For New Residential Construction Company

EViS

I'm in need of some inspiration for a logo for a new building company looking to stay in the residential sector. The company will be undertaking all general building work from small repairs to full house builds. The company name is "name build" (where "name" is a four letter name).

Having researched the market, a majority of companies use very heavy straight fonts. I'm wondering whether a 'signature' style would stand out but not be irrelevant to the industry? The idea is that "name" will be used for future businesses as well, which may be in completely different industries.

The logo will be used online, in the press and on vehicle advertisement (wrapping).

Any ideas, suggestions or advice are very welcome.

I should have added that what I am after is simplicity and a cleverness (i.e. fedex arrow or any of these. The holy-grail of logo design then haha.

Hi EViS, My personal feeling would be to avoid an overstylized typeface for the "name" part, a script face might stand out from the crowd in the construction sector but I feel it could be a little too Flamboyant to be universally adopted.

oooh it's tricky isn't it ? My gut feeling would sway me to something no-nonsense for the "name" part, something that's solid and instantly visible among a family of other logos i.e

NAME | build
NAME | industries
NAME | insurance

Perhaps try keeping the "name" and "build" part in the same font family but have a generous amount of contrast between the weights.
It would also be cool to make up some additional company names (like above) that fall into the same pattern, so you can show your client how the logo will be adapted for future company names.

I'll post something more detailed when I'm not freezing to death, but I just wanted to say that the Infinity Crime Studio logo on that link, is absolutely fantastic.

I'll post something more detailed when I'm not freezing to death, but I just wanted to say that the Infinity Crime Studio logo on that link, is absolutely fantastic.

Cheers Tony, will await your post. I'm not surprised you're freezing, it's dropping to -10 up there haha.

Sorry this has taken so long, post got lost in among a million other things:

Personally, I'd go with the trend of having a heavy NAME part, this is a trend, because it works. A signature style wouldn't communicate 'strong' or 'building' for that matter. I think it'd look quite flimsy.

Did you get far on this project? I'd love to see what you've been making :)

Back