Logo feedback and advice

brunel

Hello

I am new here and learning logo design. I would like some feedback on my logo designs for Jina's Teahouse. Jina's Teahouse serves tea and other light refreshments. Their target demographic and primary customers are elderly people. They are looking for a vintage style logo that can be printed on a shop sign and also on a tea bag. Many thanks in advance.

Comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Duncan

Attachments

• Jinas Teahouse1.png
    992 KB · Views: 26
A lot of the fine detail will be completely lost at smaller sizes, in web, print and email signautres.

Number 3 is ok (maybe try just a nice J on the teapot) but none of them say vintage to me. You need to look at the choice of font to start with.
Google 'vintage teahouse logo' or similar and see what they do to incorporate everything into one whole design. The obvious thing to do is have
Jina's in a nice script with teahouse (or Tea House might look better) underneath, and the teapot or whatever a lot smaller.

I know, but they look like bananas to me. And the tea cup looks like it has slices of lemon.

Really needs to be much simpler.

Is this going to be above the shop door and on the menus? If so, why not just have the name without the imagery?

I know, but they look like bananas to me. And the tea cup looks like it has slices of lemon.

Really needs to be much simpler.

Is this going to be above the shop door and on the menus? If so, why not just have the name without the imagery?
I hadn't really thought of using just the name, like a wordmark. It has to work at very large scales (a 5 ft sign) and extremely small ones - a tea bag doesn't allow for much room. Perhaps I can see if a script typeface for Jina's will work along with a simpler typeface for Tea House. Regarding picking a typeface, what is a good strategy I can use, other than a google search on similar brands? Thank you again.

Nice and legible, nothing too fancy or with fine serifs etc. Not too light or too bold, try a few different combinations, careful with the spacing as it's going quite small, etc.
The font you used most above is a bit too thick and thin for me, the one in 4 has a lot more balance to it but maybe not quirky enough.

Hello again

I've taken into consideration the feedback that was provided above and redesigned the logo. This time I looked up some vintage tea brands such as Lipton, Tetleys and Lyons, using some of their old advertisements as inspiration. The 3D text was a bit of a nightmare! I feel the logo has more of a vintage feel to it. Incidentally, I had to look up the difference between vintage and retro as I didn't know what the difference was. The last design is actually a monogram with the letters J and T in a nice script font. I thought this could be used on very small items such as a tea bag. I think the name would work well by itself, but may not be unique enough? I added the Est. 1909 to fill space - it probably isn't needed. Finally, there is a 5ft by 1ft sign to consider. I would welcome any more feedback and thoughts on whether to edit the logo further or not. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Jinas Teahouse2.png
    848.8 KB · Views: 8
I quite like number 1, but you need better font choices. You're always going to struggle with an italic cap J, it may read as Tina's. The drop shadow on Teahouse is just too close/too thick.
The inner rule is off and maybe too thick, do you even need it. Your original font might even work in there, like attached.

Generally, the balance of the lettering together needs some work. The monogram ones don't work because of the font choice, I actually prefer the JT on your first ones. Be careful
of that flower shape, mine are starting to look a bit Asian for some reason, though that might not be a bad idea!

logo1.jpglogo2.jpg

Thanks again for the suggestions, I didn't think of combing the tea pot with the first design. I think I am going to stick to the original typeface as I feel it has character, and the monogram with the letters J and T work really well. Also, I agree the drop shadow isn't that great, its probably too much detail for the logo.

first row, third column looks great and it is giving a vintage look which will be suitable as you've said that their target audience is elderly people.

Monograms are nor clear enough at first glance and other logos are still bulky, Logo should not look beautiful but should be workable too.

Back