Logo Designer Required

If you sit down at your computer and decide to create a logo from scratch in photoshop, you may as well be doing it in MS paint.

That's a straight up ridiculous comparison and you know it. We've all come to the acceptance that both Illustrator and Photoshop can handle and create vector based graphics. I'm still not seeing what the big taboo is all about. Why aren't you willing to accept that just because you find it easier to design logos in Illustrator, it doesn't mean that Photoshop therefore can't do any of these things and is redundant.

If this was a conversation about which is the better software for managing logo design, I'd agree with you and say Illustrator is the top dog. But don't reduce Photoshop's worth in logo design to that of MS Paint. That's just stupid. My work is living proof that you don't necessarily have to use Illustrator for logo design. Even my icon design is 100% scalable. Saying things that aren't true is just insulting.

One more thing... you can create vector work from scratch in Photoshop. I don't know why you're saying you can't; have you ever used it?

One more thing... you can create vector work from scratch in Photoshop. I don't know why you're saying you can't; have you ever used it?

Yes it is possible but it does take longer than Illustrator. Now I know those old duffers at St. Martin's may be talking out of their jacksies and it may have been an outrageous fluke that I managed a First but we were taught from day 1 that vector logo work should always be carried out in Illustrator / Corel / Another vector drawing program.

Each to their own though.

as long as the end result is professional, It really doesn't matter about personal preference I came on the forum to get some tips etc. to improve my self because i'm not big headed enough to think I know everything about graphics just because I'm good at it, I didn't expect for people to come down on me just because I prefer to mix and match my software

as long as the end result is professional, It really doesn't matter about personal preference I came on the forum to get some tips etc. to improve my self because i'm not big headed enough to think I know everything about graphics just because I'm good at it, I didn't expect for people to come down on me just because I prefer to mix and match my software

Hold up, this honestly isn't a personal dig aimed at anyone in particular. It is simply an overwhelming majority saying that we have been taught that Illustrator is the correct software for logo work. A lot of the people here are university educated, not all, but if you really do want to learn and pick up tips then surely it is better to listen to people's experience and training?

yes of course, the thing I have my trouble with is 3d, I'm playing with 3d crafter,. I made a wine glass, and it is a bit like now what because I want to fill it with liquid, would you know how to go about that??

Not personally because I don't use 3d Crafter but I have made some basic 3d's with illustrators tools, I have made a glass of sorts, I rendered the glass, ungrouped it then added a liquid and with careful layer positioning and opacity use it came out OK. There's bound to be someone on here who knows 3d crafter, you could always start a thread in the main GD forum to ask :icon_smile:

yeah I have done the same thing made a half transparent layer it looks ok, but I think it is going to take a lot of practice to master 3d :icon_biggrin:

Back