Logo critique needed please :-)

This is for a small business called maria's vintage chic that's selling vintage and shabby chic home-ware goods. I wanted to give a retro look with a modern twist, combining the script and san serif font. They also hand customise some of there goods, so though this tied in well with the script font, and the heart comes from the saying home is where the heart is, as there products are rustic and homely.

Couple of variations included, any thoughts on it?

MVCLogo.jpg

Nice So Far

Very nice work so far, though I'm not sure about the two tones of grey/black.

I think it may look better if they the fonts are the same colour considering you already have a font difference. Font difference + colour difference is starting to look a bit too messy perhaps?

Amanda

I like it so far; would suggest the second option for the text though, I prefer the way the r is linked up in that version.

Definitely echo the sentiment about the two different colours.
Would work well in the grey colour I think :)

Thanks for the feedback so far, will have a go with some of the suggestions.

The part that is troubling me is the connection of the r and the i, defiantly needs some tweaking.

I prefer the first r-i combination and would try it with Maria's in black and Vintage Chic in a paler grey.

Nice design, though.

Looking good!

Yeah, I'd agree that the R is causing most of the problems, the second one could be confused as mama and the first one's R, in my not well educated opinion, doesnt look very r'y (but thats looking at it in an objective way)

I also agree with the colour advice above!

If it was me I'd try it with the 'Vintage Chic' smaller but spread out to still line up...if that makes any sense at all.

x

In short, the first 'r' is the correct style for handwriting and the second is some kind of informal/formal hybrid that I don't recall seeing before.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Second one has been scrapped, client is fine with the first one.

Going to work on alternative colour schemes now.

Back