Logo - A lill Help please

Hi Boss and everyBody
As you know i am one of the more younger designers on here
Dosent mean i dont have talent as i have proven

I'm working with a game devloper i met on a game chat room
To design a small time browser based game - Me being in charge of all the graphics after he checked my portfolio on redbubble.com and liked my work.

I will be needing a Logo Name for my Brand of game graphics...

Can you suggest some names that havent been taken (I quite liked Instict Graphics.)

Do you mean Instinct? If so, that's quite a good name. But try and get more than one idea out there, shortlist those then maybe get another opinion from the names you have left.

I don't think one name would be so much better than another that it gets you more business; it's how you promote yourself that will get you noticed.

I like the name 'Equinox Design' or 'Equinox Graphics'

Do you mean Instinct? If so, that's quite a good name. But try and get more than one idea out there, shortlist those then maybe get another opinion from the names you have left.

I don't think one name would be so much better than another that it gets you more business; it's how you promote yourself that will get you noticed.

I like the name 'Equinox Design' or 'Equinox Graphics'

Yeah I was thinking something like

Rebel Design
Or
Damaging Graphics

If you were going along the lines of rebel etc. maybe Riot Design or fusion design?

I would keep in mind, we both seem to be suggesting quite 'gaming' types of names. If you wanted to be offering designs to more corporate clients, maybe you would need something more professional?

It's certainly something to consider.

By the sounds of things, he is looking for something in the gaming area but I'm not sure. I think you need to work out who your main audicence is and then work from that.

possibly getting into the name how you work or something that is about your work?

It can take weeks to end up with a good name especially as you will want both .co.uk & .com domains as well as the business name and finding ones that have not been taken on all accounts.
I think sometimes the name also finds you too, I would definitely approach it from the work you do or plan to do or your methods etc... Something that's you.

Ok i've thought about it alot.

Audience: Gaming companys - Gamers - 16+

Along the lines of: Rebel - Riot - Fusion

What i want it too show: Clean Lines... this company makes no mistakes... Its a Modern Company... Colourful vibrant (Which is why something like Riot+Fusion are good)

Maybe combine Riot and Fusion together

Last edited:
Ok i've thought about it alot.

Audience: Gaming companys - Gamers - 16+

Along the lines of: Rebel - Riot - Fusion

What i want it too show: Clean Lines... this company makes no mistakes... Its a Modern Company... Colourful vibrant (Which is why something like Riot+Fusion are good)

Maybe combine Riot and Fusion together

If you think about riot = chaos, confusion, violence - feels quite negative (to me) makes me think of recent G20 events in London too, (even though it was a protest not a riot, think this has come from the violence that occurred)
If you think about fusion = bringing things together seamlessly as a whole - quite like this one, positive, modern, says you will finish the job and do it well, a fusion of ideas and creativity etc.

These are what I think of in terms of those two words, and they seem to be quite conflicting to me, which may make it difficult to use both at once. What do they mean to you? Why do these two words say colourful and vibrant and clean? I'd say fusion would be good for clean lines and such, but perhaps not riot.

Well I gotta do 3 designs which would be weeks of work for me usually as the devlopment process...

But If i can maybe use Fusion

Fusion Means to me.... combining and creating, vibrancy.

I just want a suffix onto Fusion

Like maybe

Fanatic Fusion - Addin the element of a mild Riot - Chaos Funked. (But i dont like Fanatic . The alliteration sounds awful)

Well Fanatic Fusion is a prefix so if you wanted a suffix maybe something like Fusion GFX (I used to be part of a gaming community and GFX seemed to fit with that audience)

Regards

Ok this is the start of my DT project i'm doing
3 logos based on Recoil Productions - fake of course

2948889-2-rp1.jpg

I really like the sound of chaos funked! It's so different :)

Logos - grunge will not work like this for logos, as it won't reproduce well at small sizes. Remember to think about every application of your logo as you design. Plus, I think it's making your text quite unreadable.

I agree with Artgem1984. I'd try and shy away from using free typefaces like Sidewalk and Epoxy History (looks like you might have used Epoxy here) as the basis of the logo design. They aren't designed to be viewed at smaller sizes and wouldn't fax well.

Be careful of relying on trends too. The web moving towards the grunge/neo-brutalism trend is a backlash to the uber shiny web 2.0 style. Because of this, all logos that played on the web 2 style look a little dated now.

Check out Gestalten's logo designs (they put together the awesome Los Logos book). Gestalten - Case Studies

Thanks thats a bit help pete.

The 2.0 Style is fairly easy to re-create in a sence, just clean cutting lines.

I just cant find the Rounded Simple font with a bit of zing.

I was looking for a rounded typeface for the logo on my homepage, instead I decided to set myself up a grid in illustrator and draw it myself. Much more control over the end product.

Back