Link Exchange - PR4+, anyone interested?

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering if anybody is interested in a link exchange? If you have a decent website or blog PR4 and above and interested in a link exchange send me a PM.

As you know links from high PR relevant websites to yours will aid your positioning on google.

Cheers

Damon

I don't think your going to get a very big response from this post :icon_dunno:

Google doesn't place as much emphasis on reciprocal linking as it used to and companies are looking at generating inbound links only.

Bit of a catch 22 as far as google are concerned: what happens when every website wants links but nobody wants to place outbound links on their pages? :icon_lol: Future Fail :icon_clapping:

Not offering reciprocal links so they will be inbound only, an inbound link from a relevant PR4/PR5 website is a major factor in the eyes of google.

To be honest I did put the word reciprocal in the original post, removed it now, it was actually the wrong word to use, my bad :icon_smile:

How do you mean it was the wrong word to use? Your original post currently says 'link exchange'. Reciprocal linking and link exchange are the same thing.

How do you mean it was the wrong word to use? Your original post currently says 'link exchange'. Reciprocal linking and link exchange are the same thing.

Reciprocal means website 1 links to website 2 and website 2 then links back to website 1, does it not?

I was offering...website 1 links to website 2 and a different website then links back to website 1, making it not reciprocal in that sense.

Does that make sense :icon_smile:

Reciprocal means website 1 links to website 2 and website 2 then links back to website 1, does it not?

Correct.

I was offering...website 1 links to website 2 and a different website then links back to website 1, making it not reciprocal in that sense.

I follow now, normally when I see these services offered, it is normally part of a mass network of link-farms, something I would not recommend to anyone. It really depends on the nature of the linking pages, if these pages are high PR but are also used to offer links to tons of other sites regardless of niche/industry then you can pretty much discount the PR straight away. If the pages contain minimal outbound links and page content is on topic/niche relevant, then these would definitely be links that would pass weight and authority to 'on-topic' pages.

Does that make sense :icon_smile:

Yes, much better, thanks :)

Might be a question for another topic but:

1 - How on earth do you get your PR up? I've tried everything I can and it's not shifting.
2- How much does PR matter if you're getting inbound links anyway?

Cheers.

1 - How on earth do you get your PR up? I've tried everything I can and it's not shifting.

Quality, authoritative, trustworthy inbound links (those with minimal outbound links on the same page will pass the most authority as PR is diluted between outbound links unless no followed but that is definately a question for another topic)

2- How much does PR matter if you're getting inbound links anyway?

PR matters for only those that interpret it right (i.e very few people apart from experienced industry experts), for everyone else that doesn't understand PR (which believe it or not also includes about 95% of SEO companies as well), I would say it doesn't matter at all, forget it - it's a worthless value.

If you are just trying to increase quality of traffic and/or sales to your niche website, do not worry about PR in the slightest. I wish Google would do everyone a favour and disable the visible toolbar PR which is no true reflection or real-time value of a pages worthyness anyway. It just misleads the majority and causes seo scams, mass amounts of paid links and artificial link sourcing/building. It's an aspect of the website marketing industry that has gone barmy - and Google are to blame!

Quality, authoritative, trustworthy inbound links (those with minimal outbound links on the same page will pass the most authority as PR is diluted between outbound links unless no followed but that is definately a question for another topic)

PR matters for only those that interpret it right (i.e very few people apart from experienced industry experts), for everyone else that doesn't understand PR (which believe it or not also includes about 95% of SEO companies as well), I would say it doesn't matter at all, forget it - it's a worthless value.

If you are just trying to increase quality of traffic and/or sales to your niche website, do not worry about PR in the slightest. I wish Google would do everyone a favour and disable the visible toolbar PR which is no true reflection or real-time value of a pages worthyness anyway. It just misleads the majority and causes seo scams, mass amounts of paid links and artificial link sourcing/building. It's an aspect of the website marketing industry that has gone barmy - and Google are to blame!

I know this is an old thread, but i googled link exchange and found it so im resurrecting it! I don't understand PR, someone said to me the higher your PR the higher up you appear for your search terms. However i have PR1 and PR0 sites appearing above me and im a PR2 :icon_confused:

Bit of a catch 22 as far as google are concerned: what happens when every website wants links but nobody wants to place outbound links on their pages? :icon_lol: Future Fail :icon_clapping:

Epic fail :icon_biggrin: It's easier to get an elephant's ear sandwich than it is to get an inbound link!

Oh and if anyone wants to do a link swap im happy to do so with your keywords. I figure doing this is better than having no links at all so wth :icon_cheers:

Back