Landing Page Design

orkneywd

I've recently moved to the Orkney Islands and intend to target local businesses for website development work. I will say that I'm more of a coder than a designer which is why I'd like some critique on the webpage: Orkney Website Design and Development for businesses, hotels, restaurants, shops... (tested in IE8 and FF3 only so far)

Until I have some local clients the website is meant to be a simple landing page, aimed at generating interest.

I've been thinking of using the highland cow as my logo, on everything from business cards, letterheads etc, though it obviously doesn't represent the market that Im in. I'd appreciate any feedback from members on whether the logo is professional enough to pull it off, or whether I should rethink my marketing?

Many Thanks :icon_biggrin:

Hey:)

That's really quite brave of you to offer free websites to everyone just to get clients, (we did the same around 3years ago papahaha) anyhow, a lovely little landing page, it's sweet, easy and to the point, well done!

I like the cow:) it makes a change from the usual black&white one

I've recently moved to the Orkney Islands and intend to target local businesses for website development work. I will say that I'm more of a coder than a designer which is why I'd like some critique on the webpage: Orkney Website Design and Development for businesses, hotels, restaurants, shops... (tested in IE8 and FF3 only so far)

Until I have some local clients the website is meant to be a simple landing page, aimed at generating interest.

I've been thinking of using the highland cow as my logo, on everything from business cards, letterheads etc, though it obviously doesn't represent the market that Im in. I'd appreciate any feedback from members on whether the logo is professional enough to pull it off, or whether I should rethink my marketing?

Many Thanks :icon_biggrin:

I think the page works well.

For me though, the contact form area needs to be highlighted. It currently blends in with the background. This is your 'call for action' you want people to contact you so make this stand out more. Also why do you think that people may have problems using the form?

Hey:)

That's really quite brave of you to offer free websites to everyone just to get clients, (we did the same around 3years ago papahaha) anyhow, a lovely little landing page, it's sweet, easy and to the point, well done!

I like the cow:) it makes a change from the usual black&white one

How did doing free website designs work out for you? (don't mean to jack the post but curious about this part) I am thinking of doing a similar thing to get a start on my website portfolio.

I've recently moved to the Orkney Islands and intend to target local businesses for website development work. I will say that I'm more of a coder than a designer which is why I'd like some critique on the webpage: Orkney Website Design and Development for businesses, hotels, restaurants, shops... (tested in IE8 and FF3 only so far)..........

my screens is 24 and the background repeats but the grass doesnt line up and doesnt look to professional

orkneywd.jpg

Back